Beginnings

For @Cheese_It_Bar, ur awesome!

Eijiro Kirishima gripped the straps of his backpack, breathing deeply as he stared at the looming school entrance, the sun illuminating it with an impending shine.

Nervous, he moved to take a step forward, jarred when something, no, someone, abruptly collided with his shoulder.

"Agh! Hey!" Eyebrows knit in confusion, he stared at the blond who'd knocked into him, as he continued walking like nothing had happened. Readjusting his bag, he shouted out. "Hey, 'Scuse you!"

With a terrifyingly disgusted look, the blond turned, rolling his eyes in an abundance of confidence.

"C'mon Jerk!" The redhead shouted out, losing control of his words.

"What'd you call me?!"

"I— I said you're a jerk!" Kirishima burst, clenching his fists, frustrated by this brash attitude.

"Ha! I can't tell if you're bold or just plain stupid," the boy growled, a small popping sound emitting from his clenched fists.

Before either could get another word in, the chiming school bell sounded, breaking up their exchange.

"Fuck off." The blond spat, carrying on to his first class as if this was a regular occurrence.

"F off," Eijiro mocked, glancing at his printed schedule in hopes of finding his own homeroom before the second bell.

1-A it read. He could remember that.

Tucking the paper in his uniform pocket he entered the school, embarrassed to find that he and the blond were going the same direction.

Though, he made it a few feet down the hall before that guy noticed.

"Why're you following me?! You really got a bone to pick 'bout this?" The aggressive guy snapped, walking a bit faster in annoyance.

"No man, honest. My class's this way." Kirishima raised his hands in innocence, cheeks slightly red from the scene being caused.

Again, they dropped it, each eager to loose the other somewhere along the way. But, as it turned out, they wound up in the same classroom, sitting side by side, equally bothered by the situation.

Later that day, realizing he didn't really know anyone else Eijiro ended up tagging along behind the angry boy, since he was at least easy to find. Katsuki Bakugo, that was his name, the red-head had figured it out after shadowing the boy for that first week.

Quickly, though, he moved from the shadow right to Bakugo's side.
After that, the two became fast acquaintances, then, soon after, friends, and, as the year pushed on, best friends.

Once the dorm-system was implemented, they became almost inseparable, constantly joined at the hip.

Throughout their first year their friendship only grew, even spending the summer together, switching from the Bakugo's house to the Kirishima's house for a week at a time. Even weaning onto first names rather than last, then as the summer began to close, nicknames.

Both enjoyed the comfortable friendship, but after that first summer, as school started up again, something had changed...