10

It was Friday and therefore it was time to go out

It was Friday and therefore it was time to go out. It was nice because there was only a week left until the full moon, and I was getting more and more on edge because of it. Abel was so supportive and cute though, making sure I had all my favourite snacks. And he was the one who suggested we'd go out and have some fun as a group. Fred and Cal would meet us at the club Abel had taken me to before, while Creek, Abel and I got ready at Abel's. He lived not so far from the club, so we could walk there.

It wasn't really about getting ready as much as it was about drinking beers and dicking around a little.

"Will you miss any school next week?" Creek asked and handed me a new beer after I had emptied mine. And showed how empty it was by holding the opening over my head.

"Yeah, full moon is on Wednesday night, so I'll miss Thursday and Friday. Don't know what I'll tell my teachers though. I have all-day lectures both days." I sighed deeply and opened the new beer.

"I have both days off, so if you need anything just text me," Abel said and leaned in, kissing my cheek.

"How do you have both days off?" Creek asked, frowning.

"First-year masters, man. Most of it is self-study at this point." He shrugged a little and sent Creek a very tooth-paste-white smile.

"I wish I was a first-year masters," they muttered and took a long sip of their beer.

"Tiny second-year bachelors," Abel said and turned to me, ruffling up my hair. "Even tinier first year. You're all so adorable."

Creek rolled his eyes and shifted their gaze to me. "You could always talk to the school. Tell them you're in therapy or something. Then it's allowed absence."

"We're having the most boring conversation for a group of young people about to go out and get super smash brothers drunk," Abel interjected in a whiny tone.

"Who says that?" Creek took off their round glasses and rubbed his eyes.

"Everyone. Everyone says that," Abel hurried to say.

"Literally never heard anyone say that. In my life. Like in my whole life."

"You're just super uncool and not up with the lingo."

"Lingo? Okay, grandpa." Creek laughed and put his glasses back on.