15

I stayed with Abel for the rest of the weekend

I stayed with Abel for the rest of the weekend. I didn't feel like going home and he actually also asked me to stay. Our pets were playing around on the floor, the telly was on, and we were cuddling on the sofa, occasionally throwing a toy for the pets to run after and fight over. Dave was so careful to not hurt Gary and Gary didn't seem to care for one second. She launched herself at Dave who had the patience of an angel. They were being ridiculously cute.

We had both texted Creek in a group chat, and they were feeling better already. His mum had made them some soup and fuzzed around them all day, so they were all good. It was a relief to hear and made it much easier to relax with Abel. Spending lazy Sundays with him was becoming a favourite past time of mine. It wasn't even like we needed to do something. We would just exist within the same space, do our own thing but still enjoy the feeling of not being completely alone.

You had to find people you could do absolutely fuckall with.

"What're you doing?" Abel asked and leaned in close, checking out my laptop screen. "Gael, this is not homework."

I was playing Tetris. I was really good at that. I thought it was very relevant to my essay about the post-modern feminist movement in art, but apparently Abel heavily disagreed.

"I honestly don't wanna write. I wanna mindlessly get blocks to fit neatly together." I shrugged as carelessly as I could. I wasn't careless. I didn't wanna be judged.

"It's oddly satisfying to watch."

I glanced down at Abel, his eyes bouncing along with the blocks. It looked cute. He was cute. I put my arm around him, allowing him to put his head in my lap, pushing my laptop further down my thighs to make room for him. He made the cutest most content sound and slid his arm across my lap, hugging my legs.

"Is this better than what you were watching on the telly?" I asked with a chuckle.

"I honestly can't look away. You're good."

"Lots and lots of procrastination has led me to this level."

He chuckled softly and turned a little, looking at up me. "A man of many talents, you are."

"You've seen nothing yet," I murmured, running my fingers through his hair. I was so jealous of it. He had this wavy soft hair, and I literally always wanted my fingers buried in it.

"I love when you do that." His voice had turned a little gruffer.

"So does Dave. Loves getting his head scratched."

Abel snorted and looked back up at me. "I don't have any problems sharing this with Dave. He was there first after all."

"Yeah, and he's not jealous, thankfully."

"I don't mind having two k-nines in my life." He lifted up, putting his hand on the back of my neck, getting me to bend down so he could kiss me.

God almighty, he had the softest lips. And he'd always start the kiss really softly before parting his lips. He'd make this little sharp inhale before his tongue would meet mine. Sometimes he'd stop the kiss just to smile for a second and then dive right back in, as if he'd just have to stop to express that happiness. It was ridiculously cute, and it made my stomach take a tumble every time.