Chapter 1

Ivy has always lived in the shadows of her twin sister Wednesday. She wasn't like her. Good grades, shy, colorful personality and style, etc. Most families would love a daughter like Ivy, but not the Addams family. Although the family thought of her as different, Wednesday still loved her.

  When she was 7,  She began to possess the power to generate electricity in her hands. Of course this power had its benefits but sometimes, it was like living next to a living lightning built. She would always accidentally electrocute her younger brother Pugsley. He was a very soft boy so he always took things to heart. Her mother never forgot to remind her of how much she reminds her of Uncle Fester. She could never tell if this was a good thing or a bad thing though.

After Wednesday was kicked out of her 8th school for putting piranhas in the pool, Ivy began to lose hope. She thought that there would be no more schools left for Wednesday and that meant the same for her. She still wanted to find a friend or two during the next few years of her life.

But then Nevermore academy came along. That's where her parents went, it was also where they met. Their mother thought it would be a perfect idea for Wednesday to become just like her, and for Ivy to follow along and not be such a... softy.

~

Soft music played in the background as the Addams family made their way to Nevermore academy. Morticia and Gomez were singing happily to their music and holding hands dramatically while Wednesday watched in pain. Ivy laid on 2 seats slightly snoring and getting a nice snooze while Pugsley had small talk with Lurch.

Ivy was awoke suddenly when multiple bangs on the car was heard. She shot up and scowled when she realized they were birds. "Lurch! Watch out for the birds." She frowned.

Morticia gave her daughter a look and then looked to Wednesday who was also scowling. "Darling, how long do you intend on giving us the cold shoulder?"

Wednesday looked at Ivy, "Ivy, please remind my parents that I am no longer speaking to them." Ivy looked at her dad and began to repeat what she said but she stopped when she again got a look.

"I promise you, my little viper," Gomez started, "you will love Nevermore. Won't she Tish?"

"Of course!" Morticia said. "It's the perfect school for her."

Ivy put her head down. 'What about a perfect school for me every once in a while', she thought. It was always about Wednesday.

"Why, because it was the perfect school for you?" Wednesday asked. "I have no interest in following in your footsteps. Becoming captain of the fencing team, Queen of the Dark Prom, President if the Sénance Society."

"I merely meant that finally you will be amongst peers that understand you. And maybe if you are more understood then Ivy will too. Maybe you both will make some friends." Tish said.

"Nevermore is like no other boarding school. It's a magical place." Gomez turned to his wife and began to lean in closer, "it's where i met you mother. And we fell in love."  The two started heavily breathing and Wednesday interrupted.

"You guys are making me nauseous." The comment drove the couple apart and they acted normally again.

"Darling, we aren't the ones who got you expelled. That boys family was going to file attempted murder charges. How would that have looked on your record?" Morticia questioned.

"Terrible. Everyone would know I failed to get the job done."

Ivy's eyes widened at her sister and began tuning out their conversations. She tried her best to think about Nevermore. How exciting would it be to get friends! Or maybe even a more than friend. She had never had a more than friend before. A smile fell on her face and her father took notice.

"What are you smiling about my little vine?" He asked.

"Nothing. I just can't wait to get to this school. I think Wednesday and I will do good." She said happily.

Morticia shook her head. "You must not act like this. You look weak and fragile."

Ivy frowned and looked down. No matter what she did it was always wrong. She again tuned out the rest of their conversation and listened to the music.

She began to get excited again when she saw the gate to Nevermore. Driving into it gave her a feeling of joy and she tried her best to hide it from her mother. As soon as they saw the academy Ivy's mouth fell agape. It looked like a castle to her.

~

"Why such unique names? Wednesday, it must be the day you were born, and Ivy you must like green." Principal Weems said to the family.

"I was born on Friday the 13th." Wednesday said boringly.

Ivy smiled. "Oh well I do like green." She lifted her jacket to show the green sweater she had on.

"Wednesday's name comes from a line from my favorite nursery rhyme, 'Wednesday's child is full of Woe.' And Ivy is from the same rhyme, it's just deeper in their." Her mother said.

"You always had a unique perspective on the world, morticia." Weems said. This caused slight confusion in the younger twins eyes and she took notice to this. "Did you mother tell you we were roommates back in the day?"

"And you graduated with your sanity intact? Impressive." Wednesday said rudely.

She ignored the comment and continued the talk. "You've certainly had a very interesting educational journey Wednesday. Though I see your sister just follows along. Eight schools in 5 years."

"They haven't built one strong enough to hold her." Ivy said quietly. Weems gave her a look and she shyly smiled.

"Nevermore doesn't usually accept students mid-term, but given Ivy's perfect grades and Wednesday's uh..." She tried to find a word to describe hers, "okay grades, and your family's long history with the school, I've spoken with the board and we've made an exception."

Morticia and Gomez smiled at each other and held hands with excitement. Their two daughters going to the school where they met, how great.

"Larissa... what about Wednesdays, um therapy sessions? The court ordered them." Her mother asked.

Ivy tilted her head. Since when did the court order Wednesday therapy sessions, if anything she needs phycriatic care.

"Hmm" Weems thought for a second. "The school has a relationship with a therapist in Jericho. She can meet twice a week."

Gomez tilted forward to his eldest daughter. "Did you hear that, my little storm cloud? You're in excellent hands."

"We'll see if she survives the first session." Wednesday said calmly, not batting an eye. Everyone stared at her for a second and then snapped out of it.

"I've assigned you two to your mothers old dorm. Ophelia hall." Weems informed happily.

Tish gasped happily. "Remind me, Ophelia's the one who kills her self after being driven mad by her family, correct?" Wednesday asked.

Gomez looked at the sky for a second, thinking, while her mother smirked at her while nodding.

"Should we go meet your new roommate?"