Chapter 3

"Are you sure you should be doing that?" Ivy asked hesitantly as she watched her twin peel the color off half the window.

"It's fine, Ivy. We get half the room." Wednesday responded coldly.

"What if Enid gets mad? I wouldn't want her to hate us." Ivy said quickly.

"I. Don't. Care. If. She. Gets. Mad." Wednesday said slowly.

All of a sudden the door opened and Ivy quickly gasped and moved away from Wednesday to she looked innocent. Enid walked in and immediately her face was mad.

"What the hell did you do to my room?"

"Dividing our room equally." Wednesday said calmly.

Enid looked at Ivy and she shrugged her shoulders. "I told her to stop, but she never listens."

"It looks like a rainbow vomited on your side." She said, as she kicked the rainbow plastic to Enid's side and walked to her desk.

"I-." Enid started but was immediately interrupted by Wednesday.

"Silence would be appreciated. This is my writing time."

"Your writing time?" Enid asked.

"I devote an hour a day to my novel. Perhaps if you did the same, your blog might be coherent."

Ivy frowned at her sisters rudeness and plopped onto her bed. She turned around and laid on her stomach as she watched the interaction between the two.

"I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation." Wednesday finished.

"I write in my voice, it's my truth. It's what my followers love." Enid defended.

"Your followers are clearly imbeciles." Wednesday said as she stood up. "They respond to your stories with insipid little pictures."

"Do you mean emojis?" Ivy asked, lightly kicking her feet. "My favorites are the flowers!"

Enid smiled at her. "See? It's how people express their feelings. I realize that's a foreign concept to you."

Wednesday started at her wickedly. "When I stare at you, the following emojis come to mind. Rope, shovel, hole."

"Wednesday!" Ivy scolded, standing up from the bed and walking to Enid. She shrugged her shoulders and Wednesday went back to her desk.

"Also, if you're going to gossip about me, at least spell my name correctly." Wednesday was cut off by cute music playing.

Enid grabbed Ivy's hand and she began leading her into some dumb dance that Ivy was confused about. Even thought she didn't understand, the two of them couldn't stop smiling for the few seconds.

"Turn that off." She warned.

Enid didn't listen and spun Ivy around with a giggle. Ivy looked at her sister and stepped away when she realized she was mad. Ivy put her hands together and looked down.

"This is your final warning." She said as she walked up to Enid.

Enid groaned in defense and her claws came out by her face. "Don't mess with me. This kittys got claws and I'm not afraid to use them."

Ivy stared at Enid in awe. Her claws were super cool. Again, the door randomly opened and Enid quickly out her claws away and turned off the music. A women with red hair walked in.

"Oh, sorry about the mud." She said as she closed the door. "I wanted to make sure that Wednesday and Ivy were settling in."

No one talked as they stared at her. She awkwardly laughed. "Is this a bad time? I'm Ms. Thornhill, your dorm mom. Apologies, I wasn't here to greet you when you arrived. I trust Enid has given you toe the Nevermore welcome."

"She's been smothering me with hospitality. I hope to return the favor. In her sleep." Wednesday said.

The three other girl's eyes widened and Ivy spoke up, "She's joking. Enid has been lovely to us, couldn't have asked for better roommate." Enid smiled at Ivy and the two blushed.

"Well, here's a little welcome gift from my conservatory." Ms. Thornhill handed the two a flower. Wednesday's was black and Ivy's was green. "I always try to match flowers to each of my girls. When I read your two's personal statements, I immediately thought of those!"

"The black dahlia." Wednesday said, "and a normal Dahlia."

"Oh, you know it?" Ms. Thornhill was shocked.

"Of course. It's named after my favorite unsolved murder." Wednesday mumbled. "Thank you."

"Thank you Ms. Thornhill." Ivy said quietly.

"Okey-dokey. Before i leave, I want to go over a few house rules. Lights of at 10, no loud music, and no boys, ever."

Ivy slightly smirked, she didn't even like boys anyways so there was no problem with that.

"What's the story about going into the local town?" Wednesday asked.

"Passes to Jericho are a privilege, not a right. It's a brisk 25 minute walk. or there's a shuttle on the weekends. The locals are a tad but wary about Nevermore, so please don't go making any waves, or perpetuating any outcast stereotypes. That means keep your claws to yourself," she looked at Enid, "no smothering people in their sleep," she looked at Wednesday, "and definelty no electrocuting people. Great talk!" Ms. Thornhill responded before she left the room.

Ivy turned to look at the the other two girls. "I think she'll be a good dorm mom."

Enid nodded. "I've been here for a while, she's always been great to me!"

"I hate her." Wednesday said before sitting at her desk.

Enid and Ivy looked at each other before laughing
hysterically. Wednesday couldn't help but slightly smile art her sister. She knew for a fact that her and Enid would be the best of friends.