Chapter 4- Roommate

— • ♥ • —

When I first started unpacking my things and settling into my room, I discovered a dusty, leather diary with my mom's name etched on it.

There was a leather pouch attached to it, which I quickly opened and gasped. There was a ruby necklace with a chain of sterling silver. I bent in closer and saw my name engraved on the back of it. Even more bizarre, there was a keyhole at the bottom of the locket.

I clasped the necklace around my neck and sighed. I walked towards the mirror to a girl with red hair and green eyes with gold flecks staring back at me.

This was going to be way more challenging than I thought.

Suddenly, the door burst open and a girl with wavy auburn hair burst in. When she saw me, she stopped.

"Hi! You must be Scarlett Darkworth. My name is Cerise Halle and I'm your roommate. I'm here to take you on a tour of the school." Cerise smiled widely. I felt my face burn. As a child, I never really interacted with kids my age, let alone anyone except my mom. She was always trying to keep me in the house. Now that I think of it, it sounded a bit weird.

"Hello?" Cerise called me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"I said I'm here to take you on a school tour. Is now a good time?"

I smiled and replied, "Yes if you have the time."

Cerise smiled and linked her arm through mine.

Cerise went to the secretary and grabbed my schedule. Behind the secretary was a door that was labeled 'Headmaster.'

"Is the headmaster in his office? I would like to thank him for letting me join this school free of charge." I pointed to the door behind her.

"Sorry dear, no one sees the headmaster." The secretary said.

"Is now a bad time? I can come back later-"

"I said, no one sees the headmaster," the secretary repeated sharply, and I winced. I was going to press further but Cerise gave me a look and dragged me out of the office.

Then, Cerise introduced me to her friends, Rose and Ruby. About thirty minutes later, we were walking down the hall towards the cafeteria. The school was dark and shadowy. All the galleries were lit with a single sconce. I got a chilling, eerie feeling when I looked into the eyes of the stone gargoyles. I didn't know the school was so big!

As Cerise was showing me the cafeteria, my arm brushed against someone's and I looked up to see the Mystery Guy! Our eyes met and I felt that spark again.

"Hey! Wait!" I shouted, but once again, he was already gone. UGH! Why was he so frustrating?

"Um, you do not want to be talking to that guy." Cerise said, shaking her head, "Stay away from him, he's dangerous."

"What's his name?" I asked, mostly ignoring her warning.

"Heath," she whispered back like she was afraid something was going to jump out at her. "Heath Dandridge the Fourth."

She looked so shaken up I decided not to talk about him anymore. I started to walk after Heath but Cerise grabbed my arm. "Stop. I know what you're thinking. Do not go after him. Go back to the dorms. I'll meet you there after I grab all of your school supplies."

I found it weird that Cerise was so adamant that I didn't meet Heath. I mean, sure, he was weird and abandoned me in the middle of a random forest, but he'd also saved me from freaky doctors who would probably run experiments on me. I wanted to go after him and demand answers, but since Cerise was pretty much my only friend here, I decided to oblige for now.

Besides, I did have to unpack my suitcase. 

— • ♥ • —

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote! 

Follow me:

Wattpad: D4RKST4R720

Instagram: c.hloe.wn

Follow talesoflore

AND CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES! (if you haven't already)

 TYSM~