Terminus

Warnings// sensitive content/ sexism/ extreme homophobia/ period typical homophobia/strong language/ Creepy mfs/ heavy themes/ Gore/ sexual content/
Words: 6200
___________________________________

Jinx didn't really expect Lux to agree. Obviously they'd both gain major benefits from it, but Lux couldve, and maybe should've, said no. For her own good. Save herself for a marriage to someone she was sure would be good.
Jinx wasn't even sure of what exactly what Lux felt for her. If she agreed purely for the benefits, or if it was actually something she could want.

Whatever her reason may be, it was a concern for later. What mattered was that she had agreed, which would prevent a lot of unnecessary bloodshed. All they had to do was negotiate, aggressively or not, with Garen. All he needed to do was give the throne to Lux and the people would listen, especially since it would be in their favour.
It would still be a challenge gaining the peoples trust. Most likely didn't care for their rulers personal lives. The ones who cared more for the gender of their ruler and who they were wed to would be the issue. But if Garen were to back them, it could help prevent any unnecessary dramatics.

Once she informed Vi that Lux had agreed, word was immediately sent to Piltover. It was obvious Vi still didn't trust Lux, even though there wasn't much Lux could do to harm any of them.
Vi didn't do much more than thank Jinx for doing it. Not that she expected any more.

Ekko didn't think it was smart either, though he did congratulate Jinx, kind of. In his own way. He still of course expressed his distrust of Lux, but seemed to be a little less tense than Jinx would expect.

Jinx knew in time, if things went well, they'd both come to trust Lux. Somehow she had more faith that Caitlyn would warm up to Lux first. Maybe it's because she was born royal and came off as a total bitch at first too. If Caitlyn warmed up to her, Vi would be soon to follow. And Ekko wouldn't be hard to convince, he had a nack for seeing the good in people.

The firelights and a few Piltover knights cleared a route up to the castle. Most of the Demacian guards were either too lazy or unmotivated to actually do anything about it. The few that were willing to fight did, but inevitably lost.

During the way to the castle, there was unfortunately word of Seraphine. She had been on route for an already built stake, a fire ready to start. Jinx wasn't sure if she was relieved or worried that Seraphine still lived.
When Lux heard, she seemed very relieved. Which Jinx expected. If she had been found burnt, Lux's day would've gotten even worse. So maybe it wasn't incredibly terrible that she was alive.
The thought of Lux keeping Seraphine 'around' however, was pretty terrible.
Jinx would try not to be too selfish and back off.
She wouldn't stop Lux from doing what she wanted, she'd already given enough.

  Whatever Lux decided to do, they'd still have a Kingdom to run. Jinx knew she should keep her head there.

     Vi hadn't given much of a plan. They'd get to the castle, find Garen, and try to get an agreement out of him. Then she just said things should slide into place once Lux was coronated.
  Of course Jinx would have to be present and have to watch Garen loudly disapprove of Lux, and she was sure a few insults would fly her way, but none of that would be to terrible. He would be powerless one way or another. Hopefully not in which way he died, along with his wife. But whatever worked. Lux would have to understand that.

***

By the time they reached the castle the sun was already setting. They had to wait for it to be safe before they could go, which usually Jinx would find stupid but she was in no condition to fight. Plus, Lux was with them, and she didn't seem to like battle much.