𝟮. 𝗟𝘂𝗰𝗶𝘂𝘀

Esmè sat in her chambers as she looked to her locket and smiled. She knew that she was thinking about Isabella. She knew how hard it was. Especially with all that had happened.

Esmè knew that what she did was for the best for her.

Esmè looked to see Cassie as she sat in her dorm and smiled "hey are you okay?" She asked as she looked to her sister.

Esmè had no idea over the family secrets. How the little sister that she loved and admired so much wasn't her sister. She was in fact her cousin and how Sirius Black was her father.

"I'm okay," Cassie said as she  looked to Esmè and smiled. "Cissy says I need to keep an eye on you. I know you have been through a lot when it comes to Isabella. Besides, I can't sit back and let people whisper over me. They talk about Sirius Black. And how my last name is Black. Do we know him at all? I mean I know death eaters run in the family. But is he anything to do with us."

Esmè smiled. "I don't know who he is. He could be family. But I don't know," she said as Cassie nodded. "Look I know how hard it is. But try and ignore it. I know it's not easy. But it will be okay."

She knew how she was lying to Cassie. She knew the truth of it all. But she knew that she was doing what was best. And Cassie knowing it wasn't what was best.

****

Esmè walked down the corridor. She frowned as she saw a familiar blonde and groaned.

She knew that Lucius Malfoy was the last person that she wanted to see. "What are you doing here Lucius?" She asked.

Lucius smirked as he looked to her. "I came to see my son. And so I thought I would pop in and see my favourite girl," he said.

Esmè looked to him and rolled her eyes. "You need to stop that. What we had finished years ago. It's over. So you need to deal with it." 

Lucius looked to her and smirked. "But you know that what we had was great. You have been pushing me away for over three years. I miss you. And we both know that you miss me too," he said as he backed her towards the wall.

She looked to him and frowned. She felt sick by it all. She was scared. Especially she knew how close that she was to giving in to him.

****

Esmè sat in her classroom. She sighed as she looked to her locket. She looked up as Severus walked in.

Esmè looked up at him and sighed. "What do you want Severus? I am not in the mood," she said.

Severus rolled his eyes. "I came to check on you. I heard Lucius was here. You know that you can't hop back into bed with him. Or he will find out about her," he told her.

Esmè glared. She shook her head in annoyance. "What are you trying to say Severus? I know that. I am not stupid. I am doing all of this to protect Isabella." 

"No. You're moping. And you need to move on. Or Lucius will find out the truth," he said.

Esmè glared. "Screw you," she spat as she stormed off.

She knew she'd do anything to keep Lucius from finding out about Isabella. But how far would she be prepared to go to protect her daughter?