𝟯. 𝗙𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀

Esmè sat in bed and sighed. She knew how hard that things were and she knew that it was hard to keep quiet over what she had been through a lot.

And she knew that giving up Isabella was hard. And she hated the trauma that it had on her.

Esmè knew that she did this for the better to give her daughter a better life. And she knew that Lucius couldn't find out over it.

She knew that he would never forgive her. And she knew that she did it for a reason. She never wanted him to find out.

Esmè got dressed and walked down into the great hall. She saw Severus and looked to him. "I don't know what you think Severus okay. I can't just get over it. I have a child out there. And just because you are cold and heartless. So much so you can forget something like that, doesn't mean I can," she said.

"I get it. I am trying to look out for you that's all. After all, Sirius Black is on the run. And you're related to him. I am your friend. And I am trying to do all I can to keep you safe because I care for you," he said as she looked to him and smiled.

She knew that he was a good friend and how he had been with her when it came to giving up Isabella. And it hadn't been easy at all.

Esmè knew that she just wanted to do what was best.

****

Esmè sat in her classroom and looked to see Cassie as she walked in. She looked to her sister and smiled. "Hey are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I guess. I am just sick of people asking me about Sirius Black. I mean I don't know what to say to them. It's annoying," she said.

Esmè smiled. "He's our cousin. I should have told you that before. But I was trying to look out for you. I always have. I know it's not easy. But I am here for you. And I am your sister and I will always do that," she said.

Cassie smiled. "I know. It's just hard. I just have this weird feeling. And it's stupid. But I can't explain it," she said.

Esmè smiled. "I get those. I do. But it will be okay," she said as Cassie smiled.

Esmè knew just how hard that things were.

****

Esmè walked into her chambers. She jumped as she saw Lucius as he stood there. "What are you doing here?" She asked as she looked to him.

"You know why i am here Esmè. I missed you. And I know that you missed me," he said as he stepped to her.

"No Lucius. I have things to do other than sleeping with you. I am here you look after my sister," she said.

Lucius smirked. "You will give into temptation soon enough. And Cassie? She's not your sister," he told her.

Esmè frowned. "Excuse me?"

"She's Sirius Black's daughter. And I bet he's coming for her," Lucius said as Esmè paled feeling sick and shocked.

Little did she know this secret would change everything.