05

Seonghwa's pov

"I really want to get back into performing, but it's been more than six years since I quit dancing, so I'm afraid I've lost all capabilities I once had," I said, looking down at Wooyoung's hand in mine. I laced my fingers together with the hand he held, and drew mindless shapes on the top of his hand with my other.

"I am sure that if you called any of the companies that wanted you, then they'd be more than happy to train you again," Wooyoung said.

"Just going to a concert was a big leap out of my comfort zone, guys. I don't know if I could get on a stage by myself,"

Wooyoung and Yeosang looked at each other, and seemed to have a wordless conversation between themselves.

"Can you sit on Woo for a few minutes? I'm gonna call our manager to see if KQ will accept you. If they accept to train you, then I'm sure that the seven of us could get them to let you learn one of our songs, and test the waters on stage in a few weeks," Yeosang said.

"Yeosang, with all due respect to your songs, I have one I made after I lost my momma. If- if I showed it to you two, could you, maybe, let KQ hear it? If I were to get on a stage, I'd like to use my own songs if that'd be okay," I asked quietly before he could get up. Yeosang smiled softly and nodded.

"We don't know as much about producing as Hongjoong does, but we'd be happy to hear it," Wooyoung said. I slowly stood up from Yeosang's lap, the soft blanket he brought still wrapped around my shoulders, then walked towards my bedroom.

I picked up my old laptop- I had gotten a new one for college- and took it with me down the hallway. I stopped beside Jay's door and knocked on it.

"Jay, there's something I want you to hear. Will you come to the living room for a bit?" I asked. They nodded and followed behind me.

"Jay, do you remember when I would make my own songs with Mom's help?" I asked, putting my laptop on the table.

"Yep!"

"Well, after she passed, I still knew how to produce, and I- I made a song because of you," I confessed. Jay smiled softly at me.

"You made one because of me?" They asked. I nodded.

"Yeosang, Wooyoung and I were talking about my high school days, and they brought up that they could ask KQ to train me due to the reputation I had. That reminded me of this song, and I haven't shown it to anyone yet, so I thought it would be best to have the muse in the room as well," I explained as I opened the laptop and turned it on.

I clicked around on it for a bit to find the song amongst all of my files. I found the one separated from the rest, titled 'Mist' and clicked on it.

"I remember you being amazingly talented, but Hwa... this is.. oh my god," Jay mumbled softly before they hugged me closely. My eyes widened as I felt my shoulder grow damp.

"Jay? Are you okay?" I asked softly, bringing my arms closer around them.

"No I'm not, you dummy! That was such an emotional song! I- Hwa, I'm sorry I didn't push you to keep pursuing music like you made me promise to when we were twelve. I knew you hated the long hours of studying psychology, but I didn't want to upset you more," Jay cried. I trailed my fingers through their long purple hair to comfort them.