𝟶𝟷. 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴

╔═════ ✭✧✦✧✭ ═════╗
╚═════ ✭✧✦✧✭ ═════╝
01. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬
───.◦*.:◦✧*.◦✰*.:◦✧*.◦:◦*.◦───

Thursday

She didn't know what she was doing there. She did know what she was doing there, just not why she agreed to be there. Marley stood on Curtis' front porch, looking out at the dimly lit street. It was close to 10 at night and she knew she would get to hell for it but it wouldn't be the first, nor the last, time it happened. It's not like she hadn't ended up in this situation before, being the outsider of a group full of them, but it's also not like she had gotten used to it. They were her first real family, but as time passed, she grew distant and cold towards the group.

She heard the door open and felt a breeze from its motion. A tall figure leaned against the railing by her side and looked at her expectantly.

"What Winston?"

"Nothing, you just seem quiet and weirded out today." Dally shrugged

"It's nothing, okay." She sighed back at him, the letter in her pocket saying differently.

Dally held his hands up in surrender, "If you say so."

He pulled out his pack of cigarettes and lighter from his jacket pocket and extended one out to her. She held up her hand as a way of saying no and continued to look out into the distance.

"Okay, there has got to be something wrong. You never pass up one of my cigarettes."

"I said there's nothing wrong, Dallas. Why can't you understand that?"

She walked to the door and opened it before shouting, "I'm heading out!"

Choruses of goodbyes came from inside and she shut the door, "I'll see you later, Winston."

She only got so far down the street before she heard footsteps behind her, "Marls! You need a ride home?"

Marley softly smiled, "Nah, I'm okay. Thanks, Dar."

He nodded before assuring her it was no problem. Nonetheless, she declined the offer once more and then continued to her house.

The walk to her house seemed short-lived and when she walked up the steps she could see the light in the living room was still on. Walking in, she cautiously looked around to assess the situation. Her dad was sitting on the couch, a beer bottle sat in front of him on the coffee table. The tv played some nonsense show creating background noise.

Marley couldn't tell if he was sober or not so she approached him, "Hi dad."

Matt shifted his gaze from the ground to his daughter slowly. His face was stoic but his eyes showed a look of surprise and curiosity. He patted the seat next to him and she took it willingly.

"Did you get a letter from your brother?"

Marley slowly nodded her head, "I wasn't sure if it was real or not."

"It is, he called me today and confirmed when he was supposed to be here."

"What did he say?"

"Either late tomorrow or early Saturday."

Marlene tensed at his answer and let out a sigh in fear. 

"I know hon, we're just gonna have to... I don't know, just let's not upset him." Matt wrapped his arm around his daughter and kissed her temple. Marly leaned into his embrace, resting her head on his shoulder.