Log 5: Forgettable past and unforgivable future (final part)

Anna's perspective
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
There's a saying that goes, "Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is." I, personally, think this quote is solely to motivate people to perceive their fears as inferior to them.

With things like this, it only works if it's possible to overcome an obstacle in the first place.

Fear can be an obstacle in itself so it only makes sense that people constantly make methods to counteract that. If you ever manage to get over your fears, congratulations, you've faced a hardship.

Without the correct procedures to solve hardships, don't expect to live a fruitful life.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

These are the steps to take when faced with hardships. Of course, each of these requires steps of their own but this is to get a general idea.

It's just that.... What do you do when faced with an inevitable outcome?

Will the years of mental and physical training prepare you to face something with the strength to make anyone tremble in fear? I think that if the thing is strong enough, it can't be overcome.

This ability can render everything you've prepared... useless.

What makes it worse is I've confronted a situation like that twice in my life. The first was as a child when my mother was killed in front of me by a burglar.

The other moment is... complicated—to say the least.

I'd rather not think about that moment. All I can say is...

The devil is real.

How much I wish this was a joke or exaggeration is me simply having false hopes. It's better to say that the devil being real is an understatement unless I'm incorrect—which I hope I am.

The reason being? Well, that's because there may very well be a second devil.

A mere thought like that gnaws away at my very existence, expecting me to be completely devoured.

I can't— no. I WON'T let more people go through the terror of meeting them. It's true, in front of these colossal beings I may not be able to defeat them nor even touch them; but that doesn't mean they can't defeat themselves.

In my endless search of finding a way to defeat the devil, I found another one. Luckily, this unfortunate event can be turned into an opportunity, an opportunity I must not let go to waste.

I have to strike while the iron is hot because, from what I found out, they both attended the same prestigious school, made it to class A, and are in New York along with a couple of others that attended ANHS.

You can't look at this and not believe they have something to do with this, especially with my background knowledge. I wasn't sure about Kiyotaka's involvement until recently catching a glimpse of them together.

I could only barely make out their heads and hoped the gamble of accusing Kiyotaka would pay off.

Without a doubt, I was paid very generously.

His eyes went from a neutral, calm, collected look to something that could only be described as a black hole.

Attempting to gaze at them for too long can make one feel their... Essence being drained. I don't know how to describe the lifeless orbs he has since they seem to exist for the sake of complete dominance. Maybe what I'm feeling is similar to a fever dream, an occurrence that reality simply repudiates for the sake of keeping everything in order. I'm sure in the end, he knew that I saw him at the time.