Chapter 6

Lordy, i had my laptop and phone taken but I'm obviously back in business!

The place was fancy, beautiful even. You even had to make reservations–fancy. Zane had everything put together and in control, relaxing classical music and people's voices in the background, ambient lighting, and good food.

"Wow, you showed up." I smiled.

Zane furrowed his brows. "I'm here, aren't I?"

I laughed. "Jeez, Zane, you're only twenty-one. Could you not act thirty-five."

"I prefer not to act immature and use phrases the wrong way."

I laughed again softly. "Not too much. It's just way better than saying, 'wow, you did well; I love the restaurant you chose.'"

"What's wrong with that?"

I shook my head. "Zane, we're not business partners; you can let loose."

"I'd rather not let loose."

Ugh, it didn't sound natural coming from him; it sounded like when your forty-year-old mom said, "slayyyy queen."

"Zane, you have such an old soul. Do you even own a Facebook account?"

"Do you?"

"No. I just knew you wouldn't even have that."

Zane rolled his eyes. "I don't need any distractions in my life."

"It's not–"

"How many times do you do your homework at midnight because you were too busy entertaining your little fans?"

"Ok? I still get it done."

"You go to school tired and come back and sleep until eight, so then you're up again at three a.m, doing Tiktoks and homework. Going to school on two hours of sleep. On Saturdays, instead of doing your homework, you're making TikToks and then scrambling to do your homework during the night. Why do you need that stress?"

I shrugged, speechless; I mean, he wasn't wrong. "It's fun, I guess, plus I have people to do it for now. It'll be a lot easier to stop if I only had five followers."

"I don't think it matters,"

"It does. I have six hundred thousand people watching me."

"And? Tiktok isn't a job, and doing Tiktoks at your real job will cost you your job."

I pouted. "Ok, dad."

"What are you studying?"

"Liberal arts, I want to work in the government."

Zane's gaze was making me hot, like in the movies. Everything around me was a blur, the sexual tension was too much, and it made me realize how much of a prude I really am. Everything was normal for him, but for me...I was going nuts.

"Your whole face is red. Can you not breathe?" Zane asked with a hint of concern.

"Yes, I'm fine, just a little tired."

"You wanna go home–"

"No!" I said a little too quickly. I cleared my throat. "No, I don't want to; I'm enjoying this."

Was he, though?

He nodded and continued to gaze at me–this is too much. I stood up. "Ok. I'm ready to go now."

✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁✧

Zane

I watched her ass as it bounced when she walked, she was so beautiful, and she didn't know it. Fuck my mom and my dad for giving me this woman of all people.