Chapter 22

Hello

Welcome back, I know it's been a long while, but I'm back. I'm not deserting this book.

hehehehe

"Are you sure?" Zane asked as I wiped off my makeup.

"Yes, Genevieve said someone had to take my mother's place."

Zane sighed. "I just don't think–"

"Zane, do you still love her?" I asked aggressively.

"No, A'raya, don't start."

I nodded. "It just seems like you're defending her."

"Because she's not smart. I was with her."

I scoffed. "She lied about everything, Zane, the only thing she ain't lying about is her psychotic love for you."

Zane sighed. "Ok."

I narrowed my eyes and looked at him. "Say it confidently."

Zane furrowed his brows. "Are you...ok?"

I sighed.

Jealousy is not a good look.

"Nevermind."

"You're jealous," Zane smirked.

"No, you're defending her and looking suspicious. I already told you I'm going to fuck a bitch up if she comes near my man. It ain't jealous. It's a warning."

Zane laughed. "Ok, love, calm down. I just mean that Genevieve is a typical spoiled air-headed brat."

I sighed. "Ok, but you have to understand that your IQ is so much higher than a regular person,"

"I don't think you're dumb. In fact, I'm surprised. You like math, but you're in college for liberal arts."

I smiled. "I love math, but I can't do it as a job, and I won't be a math teacher to them, disrespectful little kids."

Zane shook his head. "Genevieve spent her time shopping, on the phone, and in the pool. That's what I consider dumb. Plus, the average IQ is eighty-five to a hundred and fifteen; I'm only past that by five points."

"Damn, boy. My IQ was one-ten, and even then, I struggled. It's only because I was so good at math." I slipped on my onesie.

Zane pulled me onto his lap, chuckling. "You're smart, love, real smart."

I smiled. "Thank Mr. one-twenty." He rolled his eyes. "Speaking of which, I need your help with something Leslie wrote."

"What?"

I sighed. "She said that after we find all evidence, crime scenes, and murderers, we should find her daughter and that the person who knows where her daughter is now....is Vanessa's purest snowflake."

Zane furrowed his brows. "Vanessa has something pure?"

I shook my head. "I don't know, baby."

Zane nodded. "Give me some time; I'll find out."

"Ok," I kissed his cheek.

He played with my zipper. "Take this off, love–"

I laughed. "No, no, no. Not again."

Zane scoffed. "I thought you said you were a nymphomaniac."

"Well, now, I'm sleepy."

"Goodnight, sleepy."