Chapter 29

Heyyy.

It's late, I know and It's been five days...wow (1:29 am)

welp, here you guys go.

"Stop. Please. Just turn yourself in." I said quietly.

I felt my mother's heart, evil, anger, and pain. I don't know what her pain is, but this is her chance to undo it herself.

She smiled, scoffing. "It pains my heart that both of my daughters, as useless as they are, hate me as well, but what can I say? There's always the next generation to corrupt."

She sat back in the pentagram.

...now, darling.

"Virtus cum impiis delebitur. Mendacium revelabitur. Dono Dei mali expelluntur. Semitas justitiæ custodit, et viam fidelitatis custodit!"

The pentagram shrieked, the glow dying down and my mother's eyes returning to her brown-colored eyes.

"What did you do? How did you do that?!" She shrieked, rapidly crawling toward me.

"Uh, Virtus cum impiis delebitur. Mendacium revelabitur. Dono Dei mali expelluntur. Semitas justitiæ custodit, et viam fidelitatis custodit! Stay away from me!"

The pentagram withered, black dust brushed off my mother, leaving her human-looking body.

Old and quite withered.

The black tar creatures melted into the ground, and mother stayed stagnant.

...you've done well, darling.

My chest rose and fell, my breathing heavy. "Thank you," I started sobbing, thinking of how crazy I might have looked to be talking to the air about what happened to Zane and Nola.

"Maggie?" I patted her face. "Wake up."

My mother groaned, getting up and looking behind her. "No! No! You idiot! What have you done!"

I looked at my wedding ring. Please be a smart, rich man, Zane. If you're alive, please tell me you put a tracker in my ring.

I've never actually been anywhere without Zane. After I got pregnant, Zane made me take online classes so he could touch my swelling belly whenever he wanted. It was such a dumbass reason, I obviously protested, but he convinced me by getting me some spicy ramen noodles, letting me on my phone during one am, and blowing my back out.

Uncalled for but hey...what can I say?

She grabbed a wooden stick. "How dare you?" She cried. "My own daughter. So useless and stupid. I should have left you in that attic longer."

"Leave me alone." I got up, groaning, when my knees cracked and my back ached. I picked up Maggie's upper body and dragged her with me trying to run.

Then I realized how fucking dumb I was being. I dropped Maggie's unconscious body and grabbed a stick off my own. We can play swords if she wants.

Mom laughed sinisterly, unexpectedly smashing the stick against my knee, causing me to bend and scream in pain, to which she hit me again on my back.

She's obviously done this before. I stumbled back, holding up my stick in front of my stomach so she wouldn't hit my babies.

Tears streamed down my face in pain. My fucking back, bro, my fucking mother, she was so scary.

Yes, I'm eighteen, and yes, I'm afraid of my mother. She was literally here putting spells on my future child.