Chapter 30

Hellooo

wow... this book is coming to end. Don't worry, this isn't the last chapter.

Just the last chapter in this...year or timeline or plot.

I hope you enjoyed this book and will continue too.

Thank you so much for the people who continued to read this book. I love you. ❤️💜

Three months later. July 15th, 2037.

"Hi," I started off. "Today, we're here for two very special people in our lives that were taken from us viciously. Leslie Moore and Jaevon 'JJ' Reed. Both eighteen years of age. They were too young, too bright. They had something going for them."

"We met Leslie when we were in third grade," Maggie started. "She was bubbly and outgoing, and she could convince any teacher to give the whole class extra time. Leslie went through rough times in her life, but she always persevered. She was a four-year varsity softball player, even winning nationals in first. Her dream was to become a mother to two children, and though she didn't finish her dream, she did accomplish part of it."

"Leslie and I met in fourth grade when I first came to America," Nola started. "I was alone when she approached me and introduced me to a sport she loved but wasn't great at yet, softball. Um, Leslie had no parents, her mother was basically nonexistent, and her father was dead. She'd always wanted to be loved and wanted to love as many people as she could. And she did accomplish that. We felt loved, and she was loved and is loved."

"Leslie as a person, wouldn't want us here, mourning her short life. She would want us to celebrate that she even had a happy life. That she had accomplished most of her dreams. She would want us to live on happily for her." I said, wiping the tears that ran down my cheek.

"And even though her life was cut short," Maggie said, her voice wavering.

"Her memory isn't," Nola said.

"And she will always,"

"Be remembered by us." We said in unison.

Maggie exhaled. "I met JJ first, in third grade. We didn't get super close until seventh grade. It was discord that really brought us all together."

"Our seventh-grade year was during quarantine, we used discord a lot, and we had inappropriate times, fun times, and times where we could tell the most secret of secrets," Nola said.

"And JJ was a significant character," I said with a small, sad chuckle. "JJ was our comedian, chat moderator, and anime-obsessed queen."

"He loved to be called the queen. He knew how to make someone laugh with his own creepy laughs." Maggie added. "Fun arguments were his thing, and it always made you laugh because it was dumb, but he was serious."