C̷h̷1★𝔻𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕖𝕡 𝕓𝕝𝕦𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕒

✿✺✿✺✿✺BEFORE YOU READ THIS!!!✿✺✿✺✿✺

QUICK NOTE: This is a retelling/reimagining of "Disney's the Little Mermaid" because I am rather young and my talent lies in adapation stories (but if you want to see me do actually origonal work, check out my story, titled "Can I Ask?"

FUN FACT: Hans Christan Anderson wrote the story, "The Little Mermaid" as a sort of love letter to his male crush Edward Cullen. (Actually Edvard, but oh well)

Hans was (from what his journals and others' records of him imply) biromantic and asexual, and seemed to fall very hard for people very quickly, but same-sex relationships were not really accepted in the 1800s, so his love life was more often than not, doomed. Even with females, he often had little to no luck.

In the ORIGINAL Little Mermaid that he wrote, the mermaid (Hans) goes to great lengths to woo the prince (Edvard) but the prince ends up marrying another woman (In real life, Edvard told Hans he was marrying a woman) and in the original fairytale, this wasn't a plot by the villain, but rather, simply just a doomed to a love life of hopeless pinning... sort of like Hans.

In the Little Mermaid that he wrote, "Ariel" almost commits suicide with a dagger, but she falls into the sea and dissolves into sea foam.

In real life, Hans was very upset about what happened with Edvard, but! He did enter a relationship with a guy named Carl Alexander, but since Carl was next in line to be Grand Duke of the Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (A state in the German Empire) It didn't work out in the end...

Hans Christan Anderson also courted women, but that never turned out for him. Through most of his life, things never went as he hoped. Hans' way of expressing his emotion was writing, and this is how his stories like "The Little Mermaid", "The Snow Queen" or "The Ugly Duckling" came about. Many his stories reflected his life, ranging from his experience with childhood bullies to his unrequited infatuation/love~

SO BASICALLY! Little Mermaid was technically a gay love story from the start. (:

✿✺✿✺✿✺NOW, ON WITH THE STORY!!!✿✺✿✺✿✺

0nce upon a time...

 Actually, that's a boring start...

Just imagine this taking place many many years ago in a kingdom...

Wait, let me just do this straightforwardly...

Oh wait... 

this story isn't straight....

*Curvy way?

ANYGAYS~

There was a kingdom, just like the ones you've read about in other stories, full of people going about their normal lives. Unbeknownst to the people, less than 100 miles away, under the water was a whole other kingdom; Marinatio.

(A.N: How did I make that name up~? By combining the word marina, "border in the water'', and the prefix "tio" which implies adjectives.)

Marinatio is a colony of mermaids, mermen and mer-creatures. Mer-creatures are kind of like the Taurs. Taurus are creatures of Greek legend that are half man and half wild animal, ranging from part horse to part bull to part goat. Mer-creatures are like that, but with fish.

Like, for example, there are mercrabs, half human half crab beings, most well-known one being 20-year-old Harry Styles.

Harry Styles was preparing for one of the biggest shows of his life. Harry is the royal advisor/minstrel for King Poseidon. Today, everyone in Marinatio is excited for the King's son's coming out party.