Knox

It was autumn in Roundtown
Where the Fernsby family was in a whirl
In fact, just recently
Amos and Astrid had a baby girl!

But we'll get to that soon
As Nate was in class
Listening to his teacher's lecture
About the environments of sea bass

Now a junior at Roundtown High School, teenage Nate lived a normal life. Every day passed him by with nothing really important happening.

It seemed Franky always had fun. Easy for him with no school to worry about. He never even went to college, just decided to spend the past six years with his girlfriend Ellie Robinson.

Now he had to rely on the two of them for a lift back home.

Alas, poor Nate
His brother must've forgot
He was supposed to be here
Three thirty on the dot

Nate waited for too long, so he began walking home. "Stupid Franky", he muttered to himself. "Letting Ellie distract you."

He walked about half a mile from the school to his home. As he crossed the street on the corner of his block, a car almost hit him.

"Watch where you're going, idiot!", the driver, who looked about the same age as Nate, yelled at him.

"Why don't you watch it?!", he shot back. And he tried to keep going, but then the driver and everyone else in the car, who were more teenagers, jumped right out and gave chase.

Poor Nate pressed his luck
Which was the worst in Roundtown
Because that driver was a senior named Davis
Who was grinning like a mad clown

That wretched menace Davis was a thing for nightmares at school. He was a huge, burly fellow who never took his aggression out via taking up a sport, but by being a bully to anyone he felt like. Unfortunately for Nate, who went out of his way to avoid this beast, was at the receiving end of whatever Davis had in store for him.

The two accomplices held Nate's arms down while Davis slowly walked towards him.

"Help! Help!", the Knox screamed out. He tried kicking, but Davis was too far back.

"Maybe this will teach you not to walk in front of my car!" He punched Nate in the chest.

"You came out of nowhere!", he gasped out.

"Don't make excuses!"

Then Davis reeled his fist back and punched him again, this time in the eye. Nate screamed out in pain.

"Seems your fake parents forgot about you, orphan!", the one pinning Nate's left arm teased.

"Hey!"

Davis and his boys let go of Nate and ran away. The young Knox grabbed his chest and fell on his knees. He began to cry until he felt someone pick him up.

"Are you okay, son?"

Nate looks up, only able to see out of one eye. "Dad!" He hugs him.

"Let's get you home."

Amos walked, his arm behind Nate's back, trying to comfort him. It wasn't long before they made it in the house.

Inside, Astrid was sitting on the couch, cradling Fiona in her arms as a kids show played on the television.

"Hon! I need the first aid kit!", Amos exclaimed to his wife. Mama Fox turned her head and gasped.

"Nate! What happened?"