Chapter 8

The next morning when Sarah came to pick me up for school, I was already waiting for her on my front porch.

"Wow, I haven't seen you waiting for me in a long time." she mocked.

She's right, it's usually the other way around. All morning I had been thinking about what Alex said last night. I'm also really nervous about seeing him, but I have to put my plan into action.

"I felt like changing things up," I reply with forced nonchalance. Actually, I was a bundle of nerves and couldn't get much sleep, even after Alex left. I've been up since five o'clock, and I was relieved when I discovered I had no bags under my eyes.

"Hmm." Sarah studies me closely, and zeros in on my clothes. A smirk works its way across her face, as she continues to study me. "Is all that... " she points at my outfit, "For Logan?"

"It's not, but I can see why'd you think that," I look down at myself. I am wearing a black half shirt that says 'JE SOIS L'INFLUENCE' in white letters, one of my leather jackets, a black mini skirt, and my black wedges.

"I've just never seen you show this much skin at one time." She says as I climb into the car.

"Well," I say brightly, "There's a first for everything."

"Tell me about it." she mutters under her breath. I pretend not to hear her as I stare out the window, and fill out the details in my plan.

~*~

We pull into our usual spot, and are greeted by a groggy looking Nate with bags under his eyes.

"Nate you look terrib-" he puts his finger up to my lips, silencing me.

"Shh. You're being really loud."

"Wow, you must have a really bad hango-"

"Shh," he silences me again. I glance at Sarah, to find her trying to find her laughter.

"Let's just get going," she says in between laughs. I step away from Nate, and head towards the front door.

"Whoa!" I hear Nate exclaim. He grabs my wrist and tugs me back. "What are you wearing? What does your shirt even mean?"

"It means 'I am the influence'." Nate raises his eyebrows and I shrug.

"She's doing all that for Logan." Sarah says.

"No I'm not," I exclaim indignantly. I look at the disbelieving looks on their faces. "Whatever." I spin on my heels and walk into the building as their laughter sounds in the behind me.

When I get to my locker, Logan is leaning against it with flowers in his hands. I stop in my tracks. Are those for me? Is he really going to apologize? Was everything yesterday a mistake? A million question run through my brain.

I begin to reconsider my plan until Stacy walks by. Logan winks at her and she gives him a flirty wave before continuing down the hall. Of course, I think to myself. Why would anything have changed? Let's get this over with.

I march over to Logan. He slowly straightens until he's at his full height. He looks me over and a slow cocky grin spreads over his face.

"Wow, babe you look hot today." He looked me up and down again, and I wished I wasn't showing so much skin. He only then seemed to realize he was holding flowers because he thrust them towards me. "These are for you"

"What are they for?" I asked.

He seemed to consider the question before answering, "I don't know exactly," he looked confused, but continued. "You didn't answer my text this morning like you usually, so I figured you were mad at me. What did I do anyway?" he finished lamely.