Chapter 2

(A/N : thanks to those of you who read the first chapter I'd love any feedback you have, it would be really helpful!!!)
************************************
" What was that all about?" she asks as we start our commute to school. "I wanted to get out of there before my mom made you sit down and eat breakfast, and me change my shoes." I answer. Sarah glances at my chucks before snorting.

"I agree with your mom about the shoe thing,"she replies. I open my granola bar and begin munching on it. "Hey fatty, you're getting crumbs all over my car."

I look down and see that there is nothing on the floor or in my lap. "What crumbs?"

"I don't know, I just wanted to make you feel bad after eating that in my car and not bringing me one." She huffs. I pull another granola bar from my bag and wave it in front of her face. We stop at a red light and she snatches it from me. She greedily opens it and shoves it in her mouth. "Hmm...dude these are my fav."

"Yeah I know that's why I brought you one."

"Looks like I'm starting this year out great, with my favorite snack and my favorite person." She nudges me with her elbow and wiggles her eyebrows. I take one look at her and burst out laughing.

"Come on we both know that your favorite person is Nathan Royce." I smirk. Sarah blushes and I laugh. Nathan--or Nate as everyone calls him-- is Sarah's boyfriend. She's liked him since 8th grade when we were in Mrs. Collins homeroom with him. Last year Nate asked her to the winter formal and they've been dating ever since.
"Sisters before misters, Anna." she looks at me like I'm the dumbest person in the world. "What about you and Logan?"
Logan is my boyfriend. He's a receiver on our school's football team. We've been dating since last March. Since it's September now we've been together for about six months. "We're fine. Everything's going great. He even sent me a 'can't wait to see you' text this morning"
Sarah rolls her eyes at me just as we're pulling into the school parking lot.
I get out of the car only to be pressed against the closed door. Looking up I stare into Logan's bright green eyes. "Hey Logan!"
" 'morning baby" he smiles down at me and wraps his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his neck and bring my lips to his.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Come on kids it is way to early for PDA." I look over and see Logan shielding his eyes and Sarah with her arms around his waist. Logan chuckled and grabbed my hand as all four of us began walking towards the entrance.
"Hey, have you guys heard about the new kid?" Nate asks. Sarah and I look at each other in confusion.
"What are you talking about? There hasn't been a new student since Mary Fuller moved here in the 5th grade" I said.
"Well Amanda posted on Twitter that someone new enrolled." Everyone was quiet after that. Amanda Jacobson was the superintendent's daughter so she could be trusted with information like this.
"Did she say what his or her name was?" Sarah spoke up after awhile.
"It's a he, and his name is Alexander Huxley"

**************************************************************************
(A/N: sorry this chapter is a little short but the next one will have a lot going on so I had to cut it here or else it would be too long.)