Talks and Transfers

Amelia Bones had three distinct jobs.

First was being an Aunt to a wonderful and brilliant girl. Since her brother and sister-in-law died, she was given custody of her niece, Susan.

The second was being the Lady regent for the Bones family. She wasn't Lady Bones, as that title would one day belong to Susan.

The third was being an Auror. To protect, serve, and help the wizarding citizens of Britain.

Yet she never expected to have to protect the children of Hogwarts from their Headmaster. She listened to young Cygnus Malfoy, the Heir to the House of Black, as his older twin brother held him close. Their Mother, Lady Narcissa Malfoy, stood behind the boys' chair. Her eyes were trained on Amelia's hands. Particularly her wand hand.

"Thank you for this, Heir Black. I will take care of this immediately." She stated softly as she stood slowly. "Anything else, Lady Malfoy?"

"No. However, my husband will possibly write you if anything comes up. The only thing I request is a trial for my family that is currently in Azkaban." Narcissa stated calmly. "As you might not have known, as I believe you were still in training, my sister, brother-in-law, his brother, their friend who is now deceased, and cousin never received trials."

"I will certainly look into it. May I bring in other Aurors?"

"Kingsley Shacklebolt and John Dawlish."

As soon as the woman left, Cygnus looked at his Mum with sad eyes. He worried she and his Papa would be disappointed with him because of his outburst. A small part of him still feared that they would give him up. That they would hate him. Oh, merlin, what if they were angry? He had so many what if's running through his head he didn't hear his Papa coming through the foo.

"Cygnus, son?"

Cygnus focused in on his Papa kneeling before him with worried silver-blue eyes. His hands held his shoulders gently.

"Cygnus, what's wrong?"

"Please don't give me away! I'm sorry for speaking without permission!"

Lucius pulled his son into a hug immediately. He looked to his wife, who nodded before leading their other son out of the room. He forgot how sensitive his younger son was currently. It hurt to hear and see, but he reassured him as often as it took.

"Cygnus, that isn't why I got on to you. I got on to you because Dumbledore is a dangerous man. He could have hurt you. I would never forgive myself if you did."

It didn't take long for the transfer to Durmstrang to finalize. Lucius was correct saying that many purebloods would do the same once they heard of what happened. He recognized all the names but the most prominent he had a list made of.

Parkinson
Zabini
Crabbe
Goyle
Greengrass
Carrow
Flint
Weasley
Longbottom
Nott
Moody

And more. It had a mix of all four houses and plenty of cores. Lucius was about to call it a day and head home when he heard a knock at his office door.

"Come in." He says politely.

He watched as William Weasley, the new Weasley Lord, came in with a heavy sigh. He took in the tired posture of William and immediately stood to help the poor child to sit in the nearby chair.

"William, what is wrong?"

"I may have to disown my parents." Said the ginger sadly. "They keep putting ideas in Ron and Ginny's heads. I If I disown them, Ron and Ginny won't be allowed contact..."

"Because of family magics..." Lucius said gently. "It's up to you what you feel is right."

"I don't understand how Dad thought you were a bad person..you are far from it." Bill said running a hand through his hair. "What would you do?" He asks looking at the older man pleadingly.

"I would disown them as I would not allow my family to be manipulated in such a way. Ronald and Ginerva have time to grow up. Perhaps getting away from your parents will allow that." Lucius says before deciding to redirect for now. "And how are things going with the Weasley Manor?"

"Good. The Goblins say that it should be finished soon. I plan to take Charlie, Percy, and the twins there first so they can pick out their rooms. Then if it is alright with uou, I would like to allow Cygnus and Draco to have rooms there as well as I know they are good friends with the twins."

"I will allow it." Lucius says with a nod.

Cygnus smiled widely as he looked around Durmstrang. It was beautiful. Although snowing, his robes were charmed with the warming charm permanently. With him were the other transfers. Next to him was his brother on one side and Blaise on the other. Next to Draco were Vince and Greg, with the twins next to them. Next to Blaise were Pansy and Daphne with Neville and Theo next to them. Behind them were the others.

"Welcome to Durmstrang!" Headmaster Igor Karkaroff says in a thick russian accent. "I will not bore you with many details right now. I know it is late and so what I will say is boys have their own set of dorms and girls have their own set of dorms each on their own side. The leaders of each side will now escort you to the dorms."

Cygnus watched as Igor left causing him to look at the two new occupants. One was Vedra Dineva and the other was Deyan Dineva, twin brother and sister. They immediately broke down the basic rules with promises to get them the entire list of direct rules. 

"Alright, girls, follow me." Vedra said, her russian accent prominent, as she walked away.

"Boys, follow me." Deyan said walking away to the opposite direction of his sister.

Dear Mum and Papa,

So far I am enjoying the first night here. Turns out there are no houses or separation of students except by year. Instead the boy's dorms are on one end and the girl's dorms are on the opposite end. Which is really cool I think.

Here, I share a room with Blaise, Dray, Neville, and a boy named Mikhail. So far he seems nice.

Thank you for letting us transfer. I know Hogwarts is traditional for the Malfoy and Black families.

I will say, Ronald and Ginerva have been complaining but Fred and George have been reminding them of something Lord Weasley said. I'm not sure what it was but it does make them shut up.

Please keep Hedwig a few nights before sending her back.

Love,
Your son,
Cygnus A. Malfoy