𝟶𝟶𝟿. 𝙲𝙷𝙾𝙲𝙾𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴

GLEE — WHEELS

   mr schuester's assignment for the glee kids was to make cupcakes to afford a bus for artie so they are able to ride along with him

   mr schuester's assignment for the glee kids was to make cupcakes to afford a bus for artie so they are able to ride along with him. bianca and valerie had planned to go to bianca's house so they could bake together, however, their plans changed as two more people tagged along with them: santana and artie.

valerie began to measure out the chocolate powder, artie and bianca flirting in the corner instead of helping bake these cupcakes. bianca sat in the dining room, not bothering to remover her eyesight off of artie to watch her stir the batter. valerie chuckled, santana's presence entering the kitchen before gently smiling at valerie: "chocolate?"

   she nodded her head in response before santana dipped her finger into bianca's batter and eating it, moving closer towards valerie. "chocolate is way better than vanilla," santana said as she grabbed the flour before pouring it into the bowl full of chocolate powder, valerie immediately mixing it together. "wait, wait, too much san!" valerie yelled before santana stopped pouring the flour, her eyes flicking to valerie as she realised she used her nickname.

   her lips curled into a smile before her hands dipped into the powder, if there was too much flour in it, what was the matter in 'wasting' it?

   she flicked the powder at valerie, watching as the girl gasped whilst the powder landed on her face. "hey!" valerie laughed before getting a spoonful of the mixture and blowing it into santana's face.

   "oh, you are so getting it," santana said before grabbing a handful of the powder and throwing it into valerie. their laughter filled the air before they both continued to ruin their appearances with the cupcake mixture, valerie captured santana's wrist before inching closer to each other.

   santana flicked her eyes down to valerie's lips, moving closer towards her before attaching them together. valerie's eyes instantly closed as she clamped the powder so nothing could fall, her free hand reached into santana's hair, slightly grabbing onto it before santana clasped her hand onto valerie's cheek.

   the smell of chocolate surrounded the two as they tasted the powder. both savouring the taste that melted into their mouths before they pulled away. gasping, santana realised valerie poured the rest of the powder onto her head.

   they continued making the cupcakes, covered in the mixture and admiring each other, it soon come to night and valerie knew she had to go home before her dad started to worry. "i'll walk you out," santana said, walking with a chocolate-covered valerie to her front door.

   "i'm sorry about the... kiss. i can completely understand if you want to forget it."

   was valerie being truthful to her words? did she want santana to forget they kissed?

santana's eyes closed before she opened her mouth to speak: "this isn't usually something i do but i wanted to say i'm sorry, i guess. i never meant anything i said to you. i was showing off in front of the other cheerios."

   valerie's eyes lit up, she watched as santana walked closer towards her as the moonlight casted upon their complexion. she admired valerie's messy looks, finding that her being covered in chocolate was something she found so amusing because she caused it — she was the one spending time with valerie, having somewhat fun with valerie.

   "how can i believe you?"

   "would i do this, if i meant it?"

   santana looked down at valerie, taking her hand and leaning her chin up before connecting their lips for the second time that night. their eyes closed as they moved in sync, both savouring the tastes of one another. valerie fell into a complete bliss as her cheeks flushed with pink, moving away from santana once feeling their kiss was complete. "night, san," valerie said as she unlocked her car.

   "goodnight, val," santana chuckled before waving goodbye to valerie who drove away.

🎤

next day, valerie entered the room as she readied herself for kurt and rachel's diva-off to defying gravity. she watched as finn walked closer, not wanting to intrude their conversation before turning back to mercedes.

   "welcome to the glee club's first official diva-off. let's get this party started!"

   she listened to the song coming from both of their mouths, finding herself wince after kurt messed up the high note towards the end. their hands clapped together as kurt stayed looking regretful, eyes filling with tears. "good job, kurt," mr schue praised before the bell rang, letting them all exit the choir room. "i'm sure it was just nerves," valerie said as she patted kurt's back, walking out the room: "it wasn't nerves, val." kurt replied before her eyebrows furrowed.

   what did he mean?

🎤

"twelve hundred bucks! that's enough for the short bus and two cases of natty light for the ride home," puck announced after slamming the pile of money into mr schue's hands, valerie rolling her eyes as he mentioned beer in his sentence. their hands clapped together after realising the amount of money they had recieved from the bake sale they had so much doubt in.

mr schue looked at the teenagers: "i'm very proud of you guys. artie — why don't you bring this to principal figgins yourself." they all watched as his face didn't smile, instead his lips knitted together.

   "what's wrong, dude?"

   "i really appreciate what you guys did for me. but i'm not the only kid in a wheelchair at this school... and i'm sure they'll be others after i graduate. i know how important it is for all of us to go to sectionals together but i think i'd rather just get a ride from my dad and use this for a handicap ramp in the auditorium," announced artie, valerie's head tilted at the generous offer from artie. it was sweet of him to use the money for many others to come after him, and those who were there now.

   "any objections?" asked mr schue.

   the students stayed quiet, "well, it sure beats having to carry him in every day." finn said before they all laughed, bianca's hand scrubbing through artie's hair.