𝟶𝟷𝟼. 𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙺𝙴

( twigger warning —
this episode talks
about relationships
with food.
if this triggers you,
please don't read )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLEE — HOME

 if this triggers you,please don't read )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ GLEE — HOME

valerie was furious.

anger coursed through her veins as watched puck and bianca talk from across the hallway, how puck held softly onto her waist. bianca didn't seemed bothered by it, however, valerie watched as artie crossed by them.

she watched as his face twisted into one of confusion and hurt. valerie didn't take anytime when pacing towards bianca and puck, her hand leaching into bianca's wrist. "hands off, puckerman, she has a boyfriend," valerie reminded him. she knew his games — how he made quinn cheat on finn, his best friend, he'll do it with artie as well.

"chill, hastings! artie's one of my boys," puck responded, bianca sinking into valerie's side as a sign to pull away and leave this 'argument' alone. "last time i checked, you were the one who knocked quinn up, and finn's your boy, right?" valerie questioned, but, before puck could reply, she walked away with biance tied around her arm.

   valerie turned to bianca: "may i remind you of artie."

   bianca didn't forget, she would never forget. what happened last night was a mistake, an incident. one she didn't know if she enjoyed or not. walking into the cafeteria, valerie noticied as quinn stood watching mercedes, santana and brittany talking.

   bianca wandered off towards the cheerios table, leaving valerie to stand besides quinn.

   "what are they talking about?" asked valerie, watching as quinn's worried face twisted into a smile once hearing her voice. she turned to the hastings girl before seating at the closest, empty table. "this shake thing sylvester made us drink to keep 'healthy', when it did the exact opposite," quinn replied.

   "i used to drink that like my life depended on it. promising miss sylvester when she told me if was safe... this baby made me realise how much i was missed food, and feeling healthy again," quinn said, valerie sighed before nodding her head. she knew quinn didn't have a healthy relationship with food beforehand, and she was happy to have her back healthy and eating proper food. "i'll always help you, you know, if you ever struggle with that again..." valerie said before quinn smiled, blowing some air from her nose as she did.

   "i know," her sweet voice said.

🎤

   valerie sat besides mercedes, she knew something was wrong. and she knew it had all to do with that shake. "hey, are you okay?" valerie asked, placing her hand onto mercedes' shoulder. the girl turned to her, nodding her head but not responding.

   "if i may. the new directions is clearly a club with a dearth of direction — rachel and jesse refuse that all of us would rather die before we allow them to become the next beyoncé and jay-z, and finn's mothers romance with my father is sending him onto a wholly unnecessary tailspin of despair. what we all need right now is to explore the idea of a sense of place, and how if we find that place within, we will get that happy ending," kurt said before turning to brad and telling him the key he wanted.

kurt
a chair is still a choir
even when there's
no one sitting there
but a chair is not a house
a house is not a home
when there's no one there
to hold you tight
and no one there
you can kiss
goodnight
a room is still a room
even when there's nothing there
but gloom
but a room is not a house
and a house is not a home
when the two of us
are far apart
and one of us
has a broken
heart
now and then
i call your name
and suddenly your face appears
but it's just a crazy game
and when it ends
it ends
in tears
so, darling
have a heart
don't let one mistake
keep us apart
well, i'm not meant to live alone
turn this house into a home
when i climb the stair
and turn the key
oh, please be there
still in love
with me

   valerie would never get over how beautiful kurt's voice is, how it matched almost every song because he had amazing range. their hands clapped together, proud of kurt's singing.

   however, something caught valerie's eyes, watching as santana and brittany linked their pinkies together. she felt jealousy fill her soul before turning to offer mercedes a smile, in which one mercedes responded.

   she knew she told santana to go back to brittany, but she never expected it.

   valerie thought there was something between them, especially after their first kiss together. but, clearly, it meant nothing to santana.

🎤

   instantly, valerie didn't take no time when rushing towards the nurses room once recieving a text from quinn. "i bought chocolate. your favourite," valerie smiled as she walked into the room, sitting besides quinn and looking at mercedes.

   "i said i'm not hungry, but thank you," mercedes replied before quinn shook her head: "i've been here, mercedes. eat the granola bar, or chocolate, it doesn't matter."

   mercedes took both of the bars, holding them in her lap before looking at the two of them. "why are you being so nice to me? i can't remember the last you said two words to me that wasn't you and suck," told mercedes as she looked at quinn, finding comfort after valerie placed her hand onto her thigh.

   "i was you, scared... hating myself for eating a cookie. but, i got over it. when you start eating for somebody else, so that they can grow and be healthy, your relationship to food changes. what i realised it that, if i'm so willing to eat right to take care of this baby, why am i not so willing to do it for myself? you are so lucky, you've always been at home with your body. don't let miss sylvester take that away from you!" quinn said before valerie nodded her head, she understood this situation, she had been through it before.

   "when my dad got sick, i always told myself i needed to eat something. because i would never forgive myself is something happened to him, if i wasn't strong enough to take care of him. what i noticed is, even though he was sick, he still ate everything because he knew he needed to take care of his body so he could be healthy and strong to take care of me," valerie told mercedes, rubbing her thumb up and down her thigh before quinn turned to her with a frown.

speaking of her family was something valerie didn't do often.

how her mom died of complications in labour, how her dad was an elderly and used to catching various types of illnesses he was too weak to fight.

but he did, he faught them, for her.

it always made valerie feel guilty that she chose not to eat, knowing, even in the worse pain of his life, he still ate so he could take care of himself for her... it was why valerie skipped another meal after nearly losing him once.

"i'm so embarrassed. this isn't me... how did i become this person?"

"you are beautiful. you know that, we know that. i'm gonna stay here until your mom comes, okay?" quinn said, offering mercedes a smile to stop her from crying. mercedes smiled, valerie linking her arm around quinn's. "i'll stay too," she smiled.