VI. Sin and Sinuous

**AUTHORS NOTE**

Thank you for over 40 reads!!! Thank you so much for reading this story, it really means a lot to me! Thank you again to peachy_femme  for the help with writing and editing!!

This chapter has a bit more about Thanasis's background and childhood, so excitement about that! Please let me know what you think!

**TRIGGER WARNINGS** For this chapter, there MATURE CONTENT, MENTIONS OF SELF-HARM(in different forms). (If I miss a trigger please let me know asap!!) You have been warned, please enjoy!!

***********************************************************************************************

*CHAPTER VI*

"NO!" They were taking his only friend, they had been together ever since he could remember. Usually, when a kid got adopted it was a good thing, but the parents who wanted to take Jabori... seemed awful. They couldn't take him. He wouldn't let them.

They were trying to pull Jabori away from him, and Jabori just sat there as limp as a child's doll. The adults yanked him out of his hands and yelled at him. He couldn't understand what they were saying. They were screeching like owls, talking in a distorted language that had never before been spoken.

He kneeled on the floor and began to sob. His only friend had left him. He had no one. As he cried, a man approached him. 'Father.' A single word rang out in his head before the man smacked him across the face so hard that his vision blurred.

"A royal does not cry. You disgust me." The man said to him, with a horrible grimace seemingly carved into his face.

His lip quivered but he pulled his emotions together and simply replied, "Yes, Father."

No sooner than he had uttered the words, a fire exploded around him. He could hear people screaming and realized he recognized the figures that were going up in flames. One, in particular, stood out to him.

"Maddock!" He shouted and ran towards the man, who was covered in blisters and burns. His skin almost seemed to be melting off of his bones.

"Why did you do this to me, ******?" The use of his true name stopped him in his tracks, and he looked into the melting fern green eyes with despair. "Did I deserve this?"

Maddock's words came out as more of a whisper, his heart-wrenching screams silencing those around him.

"No! I'm sorry, I'm so-" A blow to his head sent him tumbling away from the witch. He turned, desperate to get back to Maddock, and saw his Father in the way. He stood shakily, ready to run past the man to get to the poor melting witch, but it was too late.

The flames had begun to die down and all that was left was a puddle the color of Maddock's deep bronze skin.

He screamed. It was a soulless scream, one you would hear from the very depths of hell. It held all the rage and grief he had been trying to suppress. Tears began flooding from his eyes. He wiped his face with the back of his hand and when he pulled it away, his tears were the color of blood.

*****

Thanasis jolted awake, and frantically wiped at the tears still streaming down his face. They were a normal clear color this time, and he let out a sigh of relief. It had been a stupid fucking dream.

He looked around at the trees that were surrounding him, basking in the quiet rustling of their leaves. It was now dusk, and he could hear the chirping of crickets, the croaking of frogs somewhere off in the distance, and owls hooting to signal their morning. He reveled in the forest sounds for just a moment, knowing he may not get another chance to appreciate such things for a while.