Chapter 15

Different format pending y'all!!!
Enjoy! X
This chapter gets right more to the point in so much happier with it (cue silver tounges dance break)
Lila x

"morning starshine," Harry singsonged, pulling the covers off of Louis, elicting a comical groan. It was 1pm, Louis was insanely jet lagged but he had taken 2 coffees already and spent the morning playing hide and seek with the twins and they had found some very creative hiding spots in their home. "get up, get up Lou, or I'll call your mum," he laughed, pressing kisses all over his face to make him wake up nicer
"Fuck off idiot," Louis groaned trying to bury his face into the pillow, thwarted by Harry pulling it away. He hummed loudly and opened the curtains, allowing sunlight to spill into the room.
"You better be down for lunch love," he threatened, kissing him one more time on the lips and slipping back out of the room, chuckling to himself.
"He up then?" Jay asked from her perch on the couch. "possibly," Harry responded with a dimpled grin, "oi! Lottie!" He yelled into the next room, "want to braid my hair for me?"
"You have to learn that shit for yourself Harold," she sassed back, heading back into the room nonetheless with a smile tugging her lips,
"Alright, alright, the famous Harry styles, let's do it."
Harry rolled his eyes, settling into a beanbag that he dragged right into the center of the room. Jay watched the two with a fond smile, opening a magazine and flipping through it quickly.
"Glad you could take the week off, Jay," Harry said warmly, turning around, "mostly because I love you and partly because your son isn't actually going to get out of bed based on the fact that I haven't heard a single noise from that bedroom since I left."
Jay laughed loudly, "I'll tell them at the hospital I  managed to be of some use." She said, "I'll go get him."
The thing is, Harry had grown exceptionally fond of the Donny accent over the five years he'd been dating Louis. The sound of it was like a comfort blanket, enveloping him in warmth. And now his home was full of it. The pair hardly left the house, nor did their families, for fear of the news, so they were surrounded by love and warmth and that goddamn Doncaster accent for more days than they had ever done before. A whole week had passed and he wasn't getting tired of it.
Louis tumbled down the stairs a few minutes later, wearing only sweatpants, his mother throwing a hoodie down on him from the top of the stairs which he ignored, letting it flutter to the floor with a shrug, heading sleepily for Harry on the beanbag.
"Oi, fuck off Lou!" Lottie yelped as Harry shifted to make room for him on his lap. He flipped her off blearily, burying himself into Harry's cozy sweater.
"You might want to set a better example for your siblings Louis," Jay reprimanded, pushing his finger down and forcing the sweater over him, but the smile on her lips gave her away. She loved having her children close by, having Louis with her was a comfort she could hardly dream of, Harry knew.
"Hi everyone!" Anne called from the front door, "anyone available to help me and Gemma from the car?" A troop of little feet stomped out the door, clad in whatever shoes they could find lying around, mostly Louis' slides and trainers, untied and far too big despite how tiny they already were.
When the house was silent besides Louis breath into his chest and Lottie's occasional sigh, Jay stood up and headed for the kitchen, ready to unload the groceries the Styles women had just gone out to buy.
"Done." Lottie said finally, "single dutch braid, extraordinare." She announced dramatically, shoving Louis off of Harry and leading him to the mirror to check it out. He pecked her cheek affectionately as Louis glared at her.
"You murdered my curly's curls." He said angrily, "I won't forgive you for this."
"I'd like to see what you could do about it, knobhead" she sassed, "now tell your boyfriend how pretty he looks and go help mum in YOUR kitchen."
"I love you too Lots," he grinned, and then turned to Harry, hand on his heart, "boyfriend, you look so pretty, I don't know how to look at you." He said dramatically, laughing at Harry's eye roll.
The two meandered into the kitchen where Louis greeted Anne with a kiss on the cheek. "morning Anne," he smiled, "thanks for taking care of groceries for us."
"You got it Louis," she said, hands busy with unpacking. Harry instantly removed the bag of pasta she was holding, tossing it to Gemma, "second cupboard on the right," he called over, "go sit down mumma," he said with a kiss, pulling Louis by the hand, "we'll unpack."
Anne gratefully surrendered the bags to Harry, leaving the kitchen with Jay, a mile on her face.
"What?" Harry asked a suspicious Gemma
"He's not gonna help is he?" She asked, gesturing to Louis who was leaning back on the counter, looking at the bag of frozen fruit he had just pulled out.
"No he is not." Harry laughed, lifting Louis up and placing him on the counter, "you're gonna stay right where you are okay boo?" He giggled, causing Louis to scowl at him and try to get down
"No no, babe, best you stay out of the way." He giggled, kissing the scowl off of his face as Gemma made mock gagging sounds behind them, busying herself with the unpacking.
"Gems, I missed you last night," Louis said suddenly, confusing Harry immensely, "where were you?"
"I was facetiming with Michael and then I fell asleep on the phone," she answered with a smile, "it was super late, I'm sorry."
"What the fuck are you two on about?" Harry asked
"Weve been discovering eachother in the kitchen every night since we got back. Gemma makes a mean tea." Louis explained
"Your boy has excellent taste," she smiled in agreement.
"This I know," harry answered with a smile, "but can't you sleep babe?" He asked worried, "Lou..." He continued as Louis bit his lip, a sure sign that he was uncomfortable
"Later." He sighed. The siblings worked in a comfortable silence for a few more minutes until the bags had been unloaded.
"Okay now where do the bags go?" Gemma asked Harry, who took them from her hand, "this part's Louis' job." He explained, kissing him on the cheek and leading her out of the kitchen to let his boyfriend fold the bags the way he liked. It was one of Louis' weird obsessions, choosing which bags to keep and which ones to throw out, folding them in his special way so they would fit. It was a helpful obsession so Harry always let it be.
It wasn't until much later, when they were sitting on the porch, Harry with a 10pm snack, Louis with a cigarette, that Harry remembered to ask. "you going to tell me why you've not been sleeping babe?" He asked gently, reaching for the cigarette, surprising Louis who handed it over to let him take a drag
"Not sure." Louis answered softly, "been thinking about what it'll be like going back, continuing without him. I'm a little worried about it to be fair, it's going to be strange putting up with shit without him in me corner you know."
"D'you think we'll make it?" Harry asked gently,
"We're not shit singers without Z," Louis scoffed, "it'll just be different."
"Niall's about to be hella confused," he laughed, then got quiet, each man in his own thoughts.
"Do you think we'll make it?" Harry asked again, quieter. Louis looked at him confused, "I just said we would," he said, rolling his eyes
"No." Harry explained, "do you think, if the band doesn't continue, that we'll make it?"
Louis stood up and walked over to Harry's chair, holding both arms and bending down to be eye level with him. "I have promised you that no matter what, you and me will be fine." He whispered, "don't you trust me?"
"I trust you." Harry whispered back, eyes flicking to Louis lips quickly and back to his eyes, swallowing, "I don't know if I trust me."
Louis knew what he meant and the words ached inside him. Harry was always worried he wouldn't be good enough. He was worried Louis would see him the way he viewed himself when Louis wanted nothing more than for Harry to see himself the way he saw him.
"You are worth more to me than anything, H." Louis whispered softly, "I'd be crazy to let you go. I don't look for anyone or anything else, what I have with you is beautiful and I'd never change it. I'll never leave you Harry, I promise."
Harry nodded gently, leaning up for a kiss which Louis gave him immediately, settling himself onto Harry's lap and deepening it, pouring his passion and love into it until he felt Harry relax against him and he pulled back, feeling Harry's erection under his own.
"C'mon babe," he smiled, pulling him up, "I'd fuck you right here but I can see our Mums' open bedroom window and I'd be pretty pissed if they heard you screaming my name like a whore."
He winked as Harry stumbled to his feet, wandering back into the bedroom after him.
Despite his dirty talk, Louis was mindful of Harry's vulnerability, so he kept the sex relatively gentle, fucking him bent over the side of the bed while whispering reassuringly in his ear until they came simultaneously, Harry with a pitiful whimper and he with a grunt.
They cuddled instantly in the bed until Harry giggled. "aren't I taking away your Gemma time?" He teased, "because if you need a cuppa or some shit you should really go."
Louis snorted beneath him. "You have a smart sister, she'll figure out what we're doing here."
"Oh?" Harry cocked an eyebrow, "what are we doing here?"
"Well I can't know for sure," Louis smiled back, "but I think someone very tall and lanky is about to go down in a tickling fight." He launched himself on Harry's form, pushing his arms up and pinning his wrists with one small hand, beginning to tickle his sides relentlessly as Harry squirmed, laughing his belly laugh that Louis so adored. It happened in an instant, one second Harry was laughing, the next he was spasming on the bed, face clenched in pain. Louis immediately let his hands go, turning him over onto his front and stroking his hair reassuringly. Harry spasmed pretty often, his height being the main factor. There was nothing Louis could do about it, most frustratingly, except sit with him through the pain and help him with a heating pad when it started to reside. Anything that went near his back now would be insufferable. Harry began to sob softly out of pain, despite himself. He always tried to put on a brave face around everyone, be okay with everything and take it in his stride, but sometimes, like when he was in incredible pain or feeling vulnerable, he would let something slip. Louis stroked a gentle hand over his loose braid, curls escaping and slowly undid it, watching the muscles in Harry's back tense and release as he worked the braid out, pulling his hair into a comfortable bun instead. He quietly reassured Harry that he would be right back with a heated pad and slipped out of the room to the kitchen to pop his favourite lavender scented one into the microwave. He was so caught up in counting down the minutes on the microwave that he didn't hear Gemma coming into the kitchen, squeaking a little as she made her presence known
"Yorkshire tea again?" She asked with a smile
He turned around in shock, "oh sorry Gems, Harry's spasming pretty badly, I only came down to heat up his weighted pad and then I'm going back up to take care of him."
"Shit." Gemma breathed, "I hate when that happens."
"Yeah same here," Louis sighed as the microwave beeped and he carefully extracted it with an oven glove, "alright, nighty night gems."
"Night Louis, take care of him."
"I will." He smiled over his shoulder, bounding up the stairs two at a time and knocking quickly before bursting into the room. Harry didn't hear him come in, but he did feel the weight of the heat pad on his back and jolted at the contact but quickly relaxed again, moving his head ever so slightly to smile gratefully at Louis despite the pain it caused him.
"None of that baby, come on, stay still for me." He said softly, a small wrinkle of concern between his brows. He hopped out of bed for a few minutes, adjusting the room lighting so Harry could avoid the headaches that sometimes followed and draping him in a giant fuzzy blanket which he slid under, slipping his feet between Harry's ankles.
"Okay?" He asked gently. Harry stayed silent but tapped his finger on the bed. 3 taps, "I love you." 1 more tap, "I'm okay." Originally the taps had been codes they used in public, but the simpler ones were useful when Harry had an episode. "Good." He smiled, "I love you too. Tell me when it stops hurting love."
It took two hours, reheating the pad 4 times and leaving him with the electric ones while he was downstairs, but eventually, Harry turned his head and reaches up for a kiss.
"It passed," he said with a smile
"Good." Louis responded, kissing him gently, "so let's get you into a warm bath and pyjamas so you can sleep off any remaining pain okay?" He waited for Harry's nod before helping him off the bed, keeping his back straight as they headed for the bathroom. Louis settling Harry onto a memory foam beanbag he'd slung over his shoulder from the room. "here ya go princess," he smiled, "stay right there I'm gonna draw you a bath."
Harry relaxed back into the bag, watching Louis with a smile as he flipped his hair back out of his eyes. Louis lowered him into the bath and poured some muscle relaxant cream in his hand, massaging it firmly into his back. "feels good Lou," Harry smiled, reaching up to give him a grateful kiss, which Louis returned unhesitatingly. "love you," he mumbled against Harry's lips, "I know." Harry smirked, earning himself a scoff. "sure you want to play that way?" He laughed, "I don't know," Harry chuckled, "will you stop massaging me?" Louis let his hands travel back to his shoulders, massaging small circles into it, "never stop taking care of my baby," he smiled his thin smile, "you know that," Harry smiled as he felt Louis place a kiss on his shoulder, trailing down to his lower back. "I know that," he said softly, "I love you too."
The bathroom was quiet for a little bit after that while Louis finished Harry's massage and watched him get sleepier, finally stepping into the shower after Harry's bathrobe wrapped figure slipped back into the master bedroom. In an oasis of calm, the two finally got to settle in the bed, Harry pressing his back up against Louis' chest as the smaller man wrapped an arm around him keeping him close, burying his head into the scent of his long hair. "Smell like apples, babe," he said, earning a laugh from his boyfriend, "just like every night," he giggled, "since I was 17."
"When you were 17, you were hot as fuck." Louis commented,
"When you were 17 you were an ugly shit.' Harry laughed back, "but you looked hot doing it."
"You called a minor hot, Curly, you can't do that," Louis snuggled closer into him, eyes closing, "night H," he mumbled
Harry opened his mouth to answer but was cut off by his phone buzzing. "shit, sorry forgot to turn it off," he groaned, "can you reach it? It's on the nightstand behind you, just reject it, I'll call whoever it is back in the morning."
Louis rolled over, still loosely keeping his touch on him as he lifted the phone, brow wrinkling as he read the name.
"What's wrong?" Harry mumbled, "shut it and cuddle me?"
"No babe, it's uh..." Louis pulled the phone, still vibrating and handed it to him, cuddling him close, "it's Simon."
Harry sighed deeply, "what happens if I ignore it?" He let it go to voicemail, not surprised when it immediately started ringing again.
"Yep, could've told you that." Louis rolled his eyes, "want me to get it?"
"Nah, he's more lenient on me and it's my phone anyways, I'll get it." He cuddled himself into Louis, "give me chills though?"
Louis nodded, "put it on speaker."
Harry picked up and turned in on immediately, "Hi Simon," he tried to inject a friendly tone into his voice, "to what do I owe the honor at...11:30?" He asked dryly.
"Harry," Simon's clipped tone came through, "glad youre up. Listen, we need you back sooner than we thought."
"How much sooner?" Harry asked, a familiar disappointment seeping into his stomach as he sat up, feeling Louis follow, nestling his head into his shoulder from behind
"Tomorrow evening." Simon responded, "and I know this is three weeks sooner than you thought, but we do need a meeting with you boys and if you're agreeable, I think it's best we get you back out there and continue the tour you were in middle of."
"Tomorrow evening." Harry repeated, processing, "when do you need an answer?" He asked,
"As soon as possible so we can make arrangements for you to fly to South Africa."
"Alright listen, I'll go wake up Louis in the other room and have it out with him, see where his mind's at, call you back when we have a decision."
"Call me back when you're ready to say yes Harry." Simon said dryly, hanging up
"Fuck off," Louis groaned, sinking back into the bed, reaching over for his own phone
"What you doing?" Harry asked, sighing
"Group chat, no way in hell we're deciding alone."
"Had to do it at bloody near midnight," Harry grumbled, "lucky we're jet lagged."
Louis laughed and then kissed him firmly, dipping his tounge in and pouring his passion into it.
"What for?" Harry asked when he came up
"Just reminding you I ain't going nowhere." Louis smiled cheekily and then messaged a quick text to the group chat, Harry snorting as he read it

" Louis smiled cheekily and then messaged a quick text to the group chat, Harry snorting as he read it

"If we're flying tomorrow we better sleep

"If we're flying tomorrow we better sleep." Harry whispered, pulling him in for a few short kisses before resuming their cuddle. The two drifted off holding eachother. One final night in their bubble.

So should I do more group chatting???