Chapter 4: Pack Marking part 2

Author Note:

There's going to be a long note at the end of this chapter. please don't feel like you have to read it. Most likely it'll get added as the note to most of my other stories for their next updates.

-Book

Avery growls slightly, her inner alpha confused about what the hell just happened. She pinches the bridge of her nose, "Somehow, I don't doubt that."

Yeosang laughs, "You didn't think we'd go easy on you just because you're slightly older than us, or an alpha, did you?"

She moves forward slowly, allowing him time to push back if he wanted to, but he lifts his arms to allow her unhindered access to put him in the same position as the first two, "I didn't really think a lot of things. Always was a bit impulsive with what I did. Used to drive my familial pack crazy. Leads to some pretty strong instincts though."

Yeosang smiles at her, presenting his neck and allowing her the chance to bite down. As soon as she lets go of his neck, he's quick to move and bite down on her right collar bone. He pulls back and smiles at the bite mark left behind, before extracting himself from her hold and walking to the others without another word. She watches him go, eyebrows pinching together in confusion. Turning around she's met with San standing in front of her, arms crossed.

He huffs, "Well, no one's gonna go easy on you here. We've been surviving as a pack without an alpha for a while, I doubt Jongho's reactions are going to be the only push back you receive. He's just probably the most vocal about it."

Avery tilts her head, "Are you saying you don't want me to become the alpha of your pack?"

He pauses for a minute. "No. That's not what I'm trying to say. I'm just letting you know that this is going to be much harder than you probably originally thought. Our captain has a hard time keeping control of things. We're likely to fight you on a lot of things going forward. I just don't know how you're going to react to having your "subordinates" contradicting you. Not all of us are going to be receptive to the traditional ideas of pack correction."

Avery sighs, "Well thank god for that. Personally I hate the traditional ideas. Consent isn't even present in them." She moves closer to San, moving hands towards his waist, again slow enough for him to counter her movements if he wanted to, "I never was one for throwing my weight around if I could avoid it. Don't really want to do any of the pinning down I have to." glances around San to stare down the youngest who is absolutely trying to hide behind Mingi.

She shakes her head and rolls her eyes before refocusing on San. His face remains blank, before in and whispering, "I don't like being pinned down. It makes my wolf panic."

He pulls back and Avery nods once, maintaining eye contact as she stresses, "Then I will never pin you. We'll figure out something that works for you but still satisfies my wolf if a punishment is needed."

"Thank you." San murmurs before baring his neck to her. She bites down, letting go as quickly as possible just in case this might also be an uncomfortable option for him. entire body sags into Avery's and she just holds him for a minute. He moves his head lazily towards her left collar bone, biting down and just staying there for a bit. Eventually, Hongjoong walks over to pull San away and down into a chair with him. Avery watches him go, making sure he's settled okay before turning back forward.

It's like all the air has been sucked out of the room when she locks eyes with the taller beta standing in front of her. Mingi's entire demeanor just screams look at me and pay attention. He smirks at her, his tongue sticking out lightly, and actually takes a walk around her before coming back to his starting position.