Chapter 14: Yes Daddy

Author Note: Little bit longer of a chapter this time. Hope you like it.

-Book

First to leave the group had been Yeosang and Jongho, claiming they both wanted to head to bed because Jognho had planned a workout early in the morning. Next had been Seonghwa grabbing Hongjoong and saying their leader should get some much needed sleep while they were on break. San and Wooyoung were the last to leave, and not without some traded eye contact between Yunho and San after seeing Mingi progressively inch closer to the Pack Alpha. San had picked Wooyoung up off the couch, throwing him over a shoulder while saying that the soft alpha needed to be reminded of the pecking order in this den. Avery had laughed at the squawks Wooyoung had made while San smiled and waved over his shoulder.

When the three left heard the door shut, both betas turned to look at Avery. She kept eye contact with Mingi for a few seconds, taking in his hunched-up shoulders and too blank face. Her gaze shifts to Yunho and she smiles, "Yunho, my amazing eldest beta, would you be willing to trade beds with me for tonight?"

He purses his lips, glancing from her to Mingi and back again, "You sure?"

She nods, smiling softly, "I think this is something that would be better for just the two of us to be there for. At least for tonight."

He glances at Mingi and asks softly, "You okay with that Mingi?"

The younger beta continues to stare at Avery, who holds his gaze, "Yeah. I think we'll be okay. I trust Avery to take care of me."

She smiles wider, keeping her eyes on the beta as Yunho says, "Okay. Good night then. Call me if you need anything."

Avery waits for the sound of a door closing in the distance before reaching across the couch to grab onto one of Mingi's hands. She rubs her thumb against his wrist, watching as his shoulders slowly lower and the tension begins to fade from his body. She smiles softly at him, "Mingi?" She says, pulling his attention up from their joined hands, "Can I take you to bed?"

The beta swallows before nodding a little. Avery smiles at him, standing up slowly and reaching her hands out to help him up. Keeping one of his hands intertwined in hers, they walk silently into his and Yunho's room.

They sit across from each other on Mingi's bed, the beta's hackles rising again. Avery smiles at him, "Tell me what's going through you head, lovely." She says softly, reaching out to regrab his hand.

Mingi sighs once, looking away from her. They sit like this for a minute, neither talking or moving and Avery has to try hard not to fidget. Mingi sighs again before saying, "I'm nervous about not being the dominant one in this."

He trails off, and Avery waits before prodding, "Why? I can't help make this better if I don't know what's triggering you right now."

The beta huffs this time, pulling his hands away and running them through his hair. A low growl comes from his chest, and Avery has to fight down the instincts to growl right back at him. He continues to pull at his hair, long enough that the growling shifts to a whine. As soon as she processes the change in pitch, she's across the bed and wrapping around him, giving off her own purr with the hope of calming him down. Mingi starts breathing heavier in response, even going so far as to turn them around and pin her to the bed. She could break free if she wanted to, her alpha is very much chomping at the bit to do just that, but she does her best to stay calm. "Mingi." She says, putting a warning growl into her tone.

"Please." He whines, "Please. Just let me do this for a minute so I can get all of my feelings out. I just. I can't do it when you're above me in any way cause it makes my beta feel out of control."