Day Twenty-Three

Me: Here's chapter 23! Okay...it's so sad, this story is almost finished D: might have two more chapters left~ Please, enjoy~

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Disgaea! I just own my OCs.

~~~~~~

Last Time on Disgaea: Magic Melody

"Since you failed to save her, I will deal with the Witch. Stay out of my way."

"Tch, don't tell me what to do boy! No one does! I'll be the one to save Kira, not you, not anyone!"

How DARE this demon is telling me -- Overlord Laharl -- the strongest Overlord! I WILL save Kira one way or another, even if I have to kick her ass. I lost my mother cause I failed her, and I won't fail someone else!

Now

Darkness -- I felt nothing...so numb. Is this what hell feels like? It isn't...so bad after all, no pain, no sadness, anger, fear -- no more feelings, no more emotions. I never want to leave...I want to stay like this, forever...

"....ira! ...mn it!"

My closed eyes twitch, and my lips frown suddenly hearing a voice. Where have I heard of the voice? Do I know him? What is he trying to say? No...leave me alone.

"...mn it! Snap....ut of...t!!"

I slap my hands over my ears, my eyes shut tightly begging for whoever talking to shut up. I wanted that nothingness, the silence again. I want to feel nothing, I want that feeling forever. I scrunched up my eyebrows when I felt this warmth, I don't want it and a light is hitting me in the front. My eyes slowly opened, and it took me a bit to adjust to the brightness but when I could see better there stood two figures -- one tall and one slightly shorter.

"Don't let it tempt you, Kira."

"Why not...? I don't want to feel anything, having emotions...feelings causes such pain I can't handle that...I just want to feel nothingness." I replied to the female voice, which is oddly familiar, I just can't place it.

"That's not the way, pumpkin. That's not our strong, brave little girl." A male? 

Those voices...they feel so familiar, not from my mind but from my heart. Wait...why am I here? Shouldn't I be...doing something important? Slowly closes my eyes, letting the cold embrace my body, until two pairs of arms wrap around my body forcing the coldness away from my body and in its place warmth, familiar warmth.

"Please forgive me, my little sunshine. I never meant for you to find out the truth...I regret what I did so many times. But, in a way I do not. You grew up with such a pure heart."

"You...why do you two sound so familiar...?"

There was a chuckle from them both, confusing me.

"You forget your parents already, pumpkin?"

"Oh, my little sunshine. You must remember everything, you must remember 'him'. There's not much time left my dear...you must break through my sister's spell."

I snap my eyes open, staring at the same woman -- Kamila, from way back when I first met her and Elma. I then slowly turn my head a bit, there is a man with dark brown hair which is slightly spikey, and his eyes were blue. I frown noticing his ears weren't round like mine -- well, before I got pointy demon-like ears.

"Kira...this man," She walks over to the male demon wrapping her arms around him, as he smiles lovingly at her. "He's your father."

My eyes widen, jaw-dropping and I end up slapping my hands to my cheek.