Chapter 11

*Steve's POV*

I run inside the room where all the digital blades are and I see Bucky in front of it. "People are gonna die, Buck." I say to him looking at him with hope that he remembers. "Please don't make me do this." I say to him but he doesn't budge so I throw my shield at him and he blocks it with his metal arm. I catch my shield and block the bullets he shoots at me. I hit him and he turns and grabs another gun. He shoots and I block it with my shield, but one misses my shield and hits my side. I wince at the pain where the bullet hit me and as he tries to punch me I hit him with my shield and he flies back, hitting the ground.

I look at him on the ground and as he gets up he takes a knife out. I punch him and try to avoid getting stabbed. I dodge the knife and spin around as he gets near me. He kicks me behind my knee and I fall on it and he tries to stab me. I block the knife with my shield and hit him with it taking him back. I run over to the wall of digital blades and punch in the code. As the rows are moving to where I need it to be, Bucky comes up to me again and tries to stab me again. I block his knife and kick him as he starts to jab the knife at me I grab his arm and try to hit him with my shield. But his metal arm is too strong and it throws my shield back but I managed to swipe the knife away.

I go back to the row of digital blades and take the target blade out. I keep the target blade in my hand and I turn to see Bucky dashing towards me. I block his punch with my shield and push him back to the right. I try to hit him with my shield but he dodges it with swift movement. He elbows me on the back making me hit the rail and punches my gut. I punch his face and he dashes toward me throwing us over the railing and fall on a flap. I dropped both the target blade and my shield luckily the blade, which was more important, was on the flap next to Bucky.

He gets up and I knee him in the gut and he punches me in the gut. I lose air from getting punched there but block his other punch. I punch his face and he hits me with his metal arm making me fly back and fall in front of the target blade. I was about to fall over the flap but I stop and get up. Bucky tries to punch me but I dodge and try to punch him but he grabs my arm and twists it making me let go of the target blade. I elbow him in the face and kick his stomach which makes him fall. I jump and go after the target blade. I land on my knee and run for the target blade in front of me but then I get hit by my shield and I fall.

Bucky has me at gun point but I grab my shield and block myself from getting shot. He dashes towards me and I throw my shield at him, which he hits with his metal arm and it goes flying off somewhere else. He grabs another knife and swooshes it but I dodge and block his arm from stabbing me in the chest. He adds pressure by putting his metal arm on top and the knife enters my shoulder. I head-butt him a few times and he pushes me to the wall. I take the knife out wincing in pain and I see Bucky go after the target blade. I lunge forward as Bucky grabs the chip and I grab his arm. I pick him up by his throat and throw him to the ground. I push his head back as I'm holding the arm that has the target blade. "Drop it" I say to him and he tries to punch me with his metal arm. "Drop it!" I say again twisting his arm probably dislocating his shoulder and he screams in pain. I drop to the floor my arms around his neck and he tries to take my arms off of him. I use my leg to block the metal arm and keep him in the choke hold. Bucky goes unconscious and drops the target blade and that's when I let go, grab the target blade and dash to where the other blades are located.

"1 minute, Steve" I hear Bree say and I jump and grab the pipe. I do a back flip and land on the flap again running towards the ledge. All of a sudden a bullet hits my leg and I fall and look at who shot it, Bucky. He was conscious now and had a shot gun in his hand. I manage to get up and climb the wall to get to the catwalk. Bucky shoots again and it misses my arm a little. I start to climb up and when I'm the catwalk I hear Hill say, "30 seconds, Cap!". I get up as quick as I can and limp over to put the target blade in. I get there grab the target blade out of it's holder and as I'm about to put it in I say, "Charl-" then I feel a pain shoot through my stomach. I fall to the ground wide eyed and I pant then I look down and see that Bucky shot me in my stomach.

I feel pain rush through me but I know I have to finish this mission. If I don't people, innocent people, will die. I get up as fast as I can but pain shoots through me. I get up halfway and put the target blade in the slot. "Charlie lock" I say panting and looking down. "Ok, Cap, get out of there" Hill says and I sit back in pain. "Fire now" I say to her and I know it might be shocking to her but I know who it'll hurt the most. "But, Steve,-" "DO IT! Do it now!" I interrupt her saying but waiting to hear Breena's voice. "Steve Rogers, don't you dare do this to me" I hear Bree say a hint of sadness in her voice. "I'm sorry, Bree," I begin to say getting up putting support on the rail but fall back on the other side grabbing the other rail as the bullets were shot at the helicarriers but I need to say this to her, "I love you". "I love you too" I hear her say the sadness in her voice is more noticeable now.

"Steve, I'm coming to get you." I hear her say.

"Bree, don't. That's an order." I respond.

"Order or not, your not gonna die on me, Steve! I want you here, with me."

"I'm sorry" is all I manage to say to her and my com goes offline.

I see bullets and missiles being shot everywhere then I see Bucky wedged underneath a beam. I grab my shield and jump down but stumbling a little because of the pain and I lift the beam off of Bucky. He gets out and I drop the beam and I look at him and say, "You know me". "No I don't!" he yells and punches me with his metal arm but I blocked it with my shield. We both were in pain and I got up and looked at Bucky. "Bucky," I begin to say, "you've known me your whole life" I finish to say and he looks stunned yet angry. He punches me across the face and I fall back and I get back up saying, "Your name is James Buchanan Barnes". "Shut up!" he yells and punches me again. I take my helmet off as I get back up so he could see my face and he looks straight at me, "I'm not gonna fight you, your my friend" I say and drop my shield which falls through the hole. He dashes straight at me and I fall to the floor, "Your my mission" he says and punches me over and over with his metal arm bruising the left side of my face. When I think he's gonna punch me again he seems to resist, "Then finish it," I begin to say "'Cause I'm with you 'till the end of the line" I finish and he looks at me wide eyed and it seems to bring his memory back. Then another beam falls and the floor breaks. I start to fall and Bucky hangs onto the helicarrier. I fall straight into the water and I black out completely.