Ch. 7

(A/N: Okay can we just take the time to appreciate Cam in this picture please & thank you.)

Sydney POV

I wake up and check my phone. Today is Wednesday, which means I have to go get Addy today.

After I fix my hair and makeup and dress in some leggings, my burks, and a tee-shirt, I head downstairs.

Over the past couple of days, Nash and I have been hanging out a lot. Not in the way that you'd think, I mean Nash is attractive but I feel like he'd make a better friend to me than anything. He's one of the few guys in this house that I actually get along with. And he also respects me as a person.

I walk into the kitchen and grab the fruit loops from the cupboard and the milk from the fridge and set them on the counter. I then open the cupboard where the plates and bowls are and groan.

I hear that same chuckle and Nash reaches easily over my shoulder and hands me down a bowl.

"Thanks." I say smiling. He gives me a cheesy smile in return.

I pour my bowl of cereal and put the fruit loops and the milk back into their places. I sit down on a stool at the island. Nash sits next to me with a bowl of frosted flakes in hand.

He shovels large bits into his mouth, "Sho what're yuur plansh fer the day?"

"Nash don't talk with your mouth full! That's gross!" I say playfully shoving his shoulder.

He swallows his cereal and laughs, "no but seriously what're you doing today?"

"I have to go to my Aunt Janelle's to go pick up Addy. She'll be staying here with us for a couple days."

"I can't wait to meet her," he says smiling, "she'll probably remind me of my little sister Sky." I've seen his videos with her and she's absolutely adorable.

"Did you want to come with to pick Addy up? I really don't want to go alone. That child is a handful."

"Matt isn't going?"

"I wanted to surprise him. So will you please come with me?" I pout my lips.

Nash hesitates. "You know I'd love to, but I'm kind of busy today. I already told Taylor and Johnson that I'd go to the beach with them."

"Nashhhhhhh." I whine.

"I could send Cam with you? He's really good with kids I swear. Sky just loves him so I'm sure Addy will too." He gives me a slight smile, raising his eyebrows as if to say "sorry."

I give him a look, "Nash you know how awkward things are between us!" I whine again.

"Yeah, yeah. He basically saw your boobs or whatever. But you know what? They're just boobies! And if you two don't hang out soon the awkward tension between y'all will never get any better."

I hate when he's right.

"Fine I'll go ask him if he wants to go."

I make my ascent up the stairs and run into a familiar, dark headed boy with tan skin. He pushes by me.

"S'cuse you."

He looks right through me as he turns around as if I'm not even there.

Whatever. I made a mistake. This summer was supposed to be fun and so far Matt's little rendezvous with these boys at the beach house hasn't lead to much good. Who has time for fuck boys anyways?

I continue walking until I reach Cameron's door. I hear weird noises coming from inside. Instead of knocking, I press my ear to the door. I hear a shower running and what sounds like Cameron singing. I chuckle silently and to myself as I finally knock.