Ch. 1

Sydney POV

My fingers are aching to the bone. We've been walking aimlessly around this stupid airport for what seems like a century, and all the while I've been towing my black suit case behind me. By we, I mean my older brother, Matt, and my younger sister Adelaide; Addy for short.

Her short brown curls bounce on her shoulders as she skips through the airport and I try to think of a time when I was that care free. Nothing comes to mind of course because I've always had the pressure of my overbearing parents on my shoulders.

They've been so successful and I guess they're expecting the same from me. My brother had it easy. I guess once he started his senior year they decided that they could do better and wanted me to walk in the shoes that he was supposed to fill. He'd became an Internet sensation and I guess now I'm the one who had to keep good grades and get a diploma.

We finally find a bathroom and Addy puts down her princess backpack and rushes in between peoples legs to get to the door. I set down my suitcase, giving a look to Matt signaling for him to watch my bag, then I follow after her. Catching up to her finally, I grab her small hand in mine.

"Whoa, slow down chicka. We have plenty of time to go potty before we get on the plane. There's no need to hurry."

Sighing she turns to face me, "We can't be late! I'm so excited to visit auntie Jan!"

I can't help but smile at the happiness in her eyes. "We aren't scheduled to be at the gate for another hour though. Just relax."

She nods and I hear her mumble, "You're flustrating me Syd. Now we will never get to the airplane.."

I stand and wait outside the door because she likes me to and study my surroundings. Matt sits at a table across from the Starbucks as the female barista comes and asks him for a quick picture. Typical.

It's crazy to me how girls claim to have "fallen in love" with my brother when they've never even met him. Drooling girls bombarding us everywhere we go gets a little old, I have to say. Aside from that the airport is very spacious, which I am thankful for because it's bustling with people.

Large windows decorate the walls and a family stops to gape at the plane taking off outside. The ceiling is high, but other than that there's nothing that really catches my eye.

I hear the door squeal as Addy pushes her way out of the bathroom. "Did you wash your hands?" I ask her.

She gives me a nod in response and proudly thrusts her hands towards my face to try and prove it. I smile and we walk hand in hand back over to Matt.

Addy and I don't get mauled by fans because Matt hasn't even introduced us to them. He and my parents both agreed it'd be best that we don't get sucked into the publicity, especially Addy because she's only four. So to his fans and friends, we're basically non-existent. It's shocking honestly how people haven't put two and two together yet.

As we approach Matt, Addy lets go of my hand and jumps up onto his lap. She startles him because his nose was buried in his phone, but he recovers with a smile.

"Do you feel better now?" He asks her.

"Yes I feel a lot better. You should've seen it Matty! The toilet flushed all by itself!"

Acting surprised, he laughs, "Wow! Toilets that flush themselves?! You've gotta be kidding!" His hands move to her stomach where he tickles her and she giggles as he does.

For the next 45 minutes, we all sit around the same table at Starbucks and try to pass the time. With about 15 minutes left to get to the gate, we started to run out of ideas. First we played peek-a-boo, then tag, (which was a bad idea considering we are in an airport), then we played the quiet game and thumb wrestled each other.

"Is it almost time?!" Addy squeals in my ear with excitement.

"Yeah, we should probably start heading towards security."

The trip through security was brief considering they were expecting us, & now we were in line at the gate. A woman in a white collared blouse and a name tag that read "Susan" waits for us at a desk. "Tickets please?" Her voice gives off this singsong quality that almost annoys me. We all three hand her our tickets and she opens the gate.

Finally on the plane, Addy tells me, "Syd, I'm so excited to stay with Auntie Jan for summer break." Then yawning, she fell asleep on my shoulder. Addy would be staying with our Aunt Jannelle while Matthew and I would be staying in a beach house about 20 minutes away.

Our parents had arranged the whole thing. They said "it would be good for us to get out of the house" which we already are on a regular basis. I'm thankful anyways.

Close to landing time about three hours later, Matt nudges me in the shoulder. "Sorry Syd, didn't mean to wake you, I just wanted to remind you that we won't be the only ones staying in the beach house."

He'd never said anything about this. "What..? Like who?" I ask, anger lacing through my words.

"Oh just a few of my friends."

"Yeah I get that part Matt. Who are they?"

Scratching the back of his neck and looking away he answered, "Eight other guys from my tour."

***

A/N: Sorry to leave you hanging. The boys will be incorporated into either the next chapter or the third I haven't decided yet. I hope you all are enjoying this so far! Thank you for reading if you did, it's much appreciated. xoxo