ch 3

Finney Blake

The next day at school,  I walk into the building and then, everybody starts whispering and points at me. I walk slowly, confused.

Then I hear a voice, " HEY FINNEY!".  I turn around to see Griffin smiling, waving at me.  I smile back and walk over. 

Billy folded his arms, narrowing his eyes, " So.... whats happening between you and Bruce?" I stare at him in shock, " I.. don't know what your talking about.." Griffin swats Billy's head and looks at me sympathetically.  " Are you going to prom with a boy?"

" With BRUCE?" Billy adds and Griffin hits him on his head again.  I stare at the floor. " Um, yea. But how do you know?" 

Billy snarks, " He told everyone. Including us." For some reason, I get mad at him. He had no right to tell everyone that. But at the same time, we ARE just going as friends.

" Do you like him?" Billy asks and raises his hands in surrender before Griffin could smack him again. 

I look up and blush, " Um no. We're just going as... friends." Griffin looked at me weridlly, " No one goes to prom as FRIENDS."

I sigh, " Well, I have no one else to go with and prom is 1 month away." 

Billy scratched his head, " Do you like anyone else?"

I shake my head and Griffin tries to reach up and pat my shoulder ( he's 5'4). 

" Are you going with anyone?" I ask the both of them. 

Griffin cheeks turn pink. " Yea.. I like this girl from my math class... so I asked her out."

Billy looks uncomfortable too. " Um.. I'm not going to prom. Just will be staying home, and napping."

I narrow my eyes, " ok...?" After I say goodbye, I walk to my next class when Robin pops up from behind me, " Hey Mi Amor! How you doing?" 

I glare at him, " Fine. Before you appeared."

Robin chuckled and followed behind me.  " What class do we have next?" 

" Math. " I said, without looking behind me.

He groans, and I silently smile. As we walk silently, Robin whistles in a low tune, " So.... who you taking to prom?" 

" Why do you care? And besides, prom is 5 weeks away, I don't know why everyone thinks it's such a big deal." I say angrily.  

Robin puts an arm around my shoulder, " I'm just asking. Prom IS a big deal to the 12th graders. The time they graduate and become adults."

I roll my eyes. " Bruce is coming with me." 

" So Bruce has a date?" he asks. I politely take his hand off my shoulder, " No. Bruce IS my date."

Robin stops walking. " What.." 

I turn around, still walking, " You coming?" 

Robin looked like he zoned out but he snapped back into attention, grinned and ran after me.

Gwendolyn Blake

Is it me or does Finney seem REALLY close with Bruce. He's been hanging out with him, calling him, eats lunch with him with Griffin and Billy. I don't really care about that though. I have to ask Robin to be my prom date. I know 10th graders can't buy tickets but if a 11th or 12th grader asks them, they could go.

I quietly exit my class and walk to Robin's locker.  He sin't there so I wait. Finally, I see Robin and Finney walking together. 

I wave at them, " Hey guys!"

Finney raises an eyebrow, " Why are you at Robin's locker?"

I glare at him. " I need to speak to Robin alone."

Finney looks at him confused, " Um..ok." He walks away. 

Robin faces me and smiled, " So, your Finn's sister... Gwen I think?"

I giggle, " You can call me Gwenny."

"Ok then, gwenny."

" Anyways, I have something to ask you." I say nervously.  

Robin leans agianst the locker, " Hit me."

" So um, I.. i just wanted to ask..."

Robin raised an eyebrow.

"if...you wanted... to go to prom.. with me."