ch 4 (part 2)

Gwendolyn Blake

What the hell was Bruce doing with the toughest bully at our school?

"So? Are you gonna keep quiet like an idiot or say something?" I say, hands on my hips. Vance looked pissed off, "This your girlfriend or something?"

Bruce turned bright red, "No! She's just a friend." I gag. 

Bruce got up and pulled me away. "Could you not embarrass me?!"
I roll my eyes, "Why, are you on a date with him?" At first, Bruce looked kinda shocked but then shook his head, "No, we're just hanging out."

I slowly nod, "Ok... well I gotta get the beer and head home."

I wave goodbye, buy what I need, and head home. I slowly open the door and hear a grunt. 

"Gwenny?" 

I shudder, "Hey daddy, I got your drink." He snatched it from me, "Go to your room, you brat."

I walk up the stairs and walk headfirst into Finney, "Gwen where were you??" 

I rub my head, " Sorry, met Bruce along the way. He was with Vance."

"Wait Vance?" He asked, shocked. 

I yawn, " Yep. They were hanging out with each other.
"As friends, right?" He asked quickly. I smirk, "Why? You like him?"

Finney looked surprised but his cheeks were tainted with pink, "What no? Its just he asked me to prom and him going out with another man kinda surprised me." I nod, "Hey, can you invite Robin over tomorrow for a sleepover?"

Robin Arellano

"Sure, when?" I ask as me and Finn gets out of class.
"Tomorrow,  after school." He says plainly. 

Then I remember Gwen. "Do you think its going to be awkward?" I say. 

Finn looks at me and sighs, "Well, I think she seemed to forget about the rejection. She's doing fine." I sigh in relief. I still feel bad though. It's not that I don't like her or anything. She's a really nice girl, positive, pretty, a nice attitude and honestly, it would be a shame if no boy ever liked her. But I have my eyes on someone else. 

A special someone. 

Once we got outside the building, Finn waved good bye, "See you tomorrow!"

I wave back, "Yea. you too."

Bruce Yamada

Shit. What am I going to tell him?

Finney is a nice guy and I really like him. But Vance.  

"You want to hang out tomorrow?" Vance murmured as we walk through the corridors. I smile and look up, "Sure! Lemme just call my parents real quick-" 

A phone call. From Finn. 

I get nervous and sneak a glance at Vance who was too busy playing with his hair. 

I accept the call, "Hello?" 

"Hey Bruce!"

I smile nervously, "Hey Finney..."

"So I was just wondering if you wanted to come sleepover at my house tomorrow. Terrance's isn't going to be back home until Sunday. He plans to "take a break of work" so our grandma's just taking care of us." 

"Bruce?" Vance says when he finally notices me sweating. 

"Hold up Vance, I'm talking to Finn." I whisper.

"Vance?! What are you doing with HIM?" Finn screeches through the phone. 

I gulp, "Who? Oh, Vance! He's uh, just walking home with me. My dad isn't picking me up today so he's just taking me home."

Finn made a mhm sound, "Alright then. See you tomorrow?"

I nod, "Sure. Tomorrow."

I end the call in relief. At least, he wasn't THAT mad.

"Bruce, are we gonna go now?" Vance whined. 

I grin, " Come on, you big baby."

Finney Blake

Oh, I'm pissed of. 

I thought Bruce was supposed to be MY friend but now a blondey who got held back 2 times,  beat up tons of kids, AND has no love interests steals him away. 

For some reason, I feel too mad. Too, too mad. Like unnecessarily mad. I sigh.

Prom is only 3 weeks away.