Chapter I: The Burning

"Huuuuehh?" I groan lifting my head off of what felt like old bark off of a tree, and the stale scent of blood nearby. Ashes blanketed the ground around me.

      Smoke in the distance? I think, feeling weak. But.. Where am I? Shouldn't I be at the village with mother?- Stumbling down the worn down path of cobblestone, I continue down the path flushed of my energy. I kept feeling distracted and creeped out. It was somewhere in the afternoon I was going to figure out what is going on..

     The village should be..- Feeling my heart stop, my emotions tumbling, I cover my mouth, my pupils shrink at the sight.

    Some fires still remain, but the bodies of all the villagers.. My friends and family were torn limb by limb blood still fresh and spewing out of areas of the gored bodies. My tumbles turn into worried running as I run faster and faster towards the remains of where our house should've been.

     I didn't even have to slow down to see my mother's burned corpse. Her scalp was what seemed like clawed out.. Her face drooped. Her chest and organs were gouged out. I start to shriek my loudest out of a pained heart.

    I trip over some of the burnt house frame and instant smells of burned blood and flesh coming to my nostrils. The smell is disgusting but I keep sobbing over my mom's body.

    Night was near, I didn't know what to do. Should I just.. Die? Hm.. No... Even if I did want to die, I know I could never bring myself to do that.

But.. There is something. Somewhere, to go. The nearby sanatorium for the ill. Would they.. Would they take me in? Well.. I would have something to live for again. But.. I never did have something to live for... Maybe I will? Hm.. If I want to get there, that would be a day's worth of walk. Then I better get going.. 

A/N: Sorry this chapter was short, but this was basically a prologue at the same time. I can promise the next chapters will not be this short! The second chapter is WAYY better, I just know you'll love it! Please read the next chapter, then you can see!