Chapter IV: Friend? Never Heard of it

I stare at the sheet blankly, and decide the first thing I should do is get a uniform, so I don't get nagged by anybody. I reread the paper again. The person that helped out earlier points in the direction of the uniform room. Or, I believe that is what they are doing. 

          "You got it from here, don't you? Or, at the most I can help you find your dorm?" They ask, politely. 

          "Of course, I'll probably lose my way in the next few minutes. Though, while I'm at it.. What is your name? Just so I don't have to keep calling you 'person'. I assume you wouldn't feel comfortable with that." 

           The other person nods slowly, then murmurs, "Connor." 

           After a while of silence, I quickly break the silence with a query. "That's all?"

           "Yes?" He replies, obviously confused.

            I had no care whatsoever to even bother asking my latest question, so then I awkwardly state, "we should probably get this list done with." 

            Swiftly and smoothly he exhorts, "well, shouldn't you tell me your name too? I assume you wouldn't feel comfortable with that?-" He catchphrases. 

            I scoff, flattered. "Mina," I remark. "Now shall we get going?" 

                                             ✎🌱🌿

           "Get a uniform first. That was pretty easy," he says sarcastically, as we just recently had to go through so much. Just to get a uniform, because according to a silly nurse.. 'Oh my, it seems Sister Beth forgot to do her job! Sorry for her lazy attitude! I'll get you a uniform in just a few minutes.' 

            It was actually an hour, before she came back and said she was busy. And then a couple minutes later, then the front desk lady was the only one capable of handing a uniform out. It was terribly ridiculous! 

            I had a uniform now. I have no idea what the mapping of this sanatorium is like. I also have no idea what the schedule was. So what now? That was exactly what I bugged Connor about. 

            Visibly frustrated, he responded; "Well, I think shipment should be here soon. Unless it's late. Again." 

            As I was just about to ask another one of my unremarkably annoying questions, I hear something very loud opening from the ceiling above the balcony. A few indescribable squeaky noises can be heard, and then something drops, and I hear bones cracking. 

           "That was the...?" I ask, oblivious as to what I just heard.

           "Shipment," he lazily retaliates. 

           "Well, now what do we do?" Having to guess and ask for every single question is surprisingly more tiring than you may imagine. At least for a drowsy person like me. 

           "Wait a second. They'll announce something soon.." Connor and I both wait a while, then as he stated, there was an announcement.

           "Ah, it seems everybody could do for a meditation ceremony! Head to the garden of melons to participate."

           "Just follow me- I can't bear another obvious question today.." He grumbles. 

           "Rude of you, but I suppose I can make do with that. Lead the way," I snap back. I then start to follow Connor quickly up the staircase, and then a hallway. Before I know it, I'm standing before a grand tree with melons dangling from each vine and branch.