Chapter III: This Sanatorium

I was still trying to process all that has recently happened, and I punch my side, in frustration and confusion. A peculiar woman- or nurse.. just explained that I would be staying here from now on. She didn't say it literally, but anyone would be able to tell from how she described the situation I was in. It was kind of weird how she said it.. Almost like this sorta stuff happens everyday here.

         Obviously, I couldn't accept the circumstances and I probably would NOT for a long while. If only the windows were not covered with curtains, I could just freely look out and tell the time. In my village, curtains were a rare object to own, so it wasn't common findings.

         I grip the bed railings, and shove myself sideways then find myself wobbly leaning on the bed uncertain how I was going to move towards the shiny gold window frame. 

         Curiosity and stubbornness were basically two sides of me. I'm not taking pride in any of this, my words just have truth in them. I exhale, and move my leg in a way that it won't hurt but I can still walk. Psh- Just barely anyways...

         I lean my arms and body onto the walls, feeling relief. I then brush a hand against the curtains, revealing a darkened starry sky. A small smile creeped upon my face and I watch the moon for a while. In doing so, I hear uncertain burping sounds, and growls. Distant, but audible. My smile falters, and I hesitantly scrunch my face up in disgust as I slowly hear more.

        I gradually turn towards the door, my heart rate speeding up contently. A cracking sound be heard, then I shudder, in wonder. What could that possibly have been? Because whatever it is... I have a good feeling that someone else knows. 

       Morning will arise quickly, so extra sleep would be crucial to my healing process. Even though I am still not over the unknown noises there were just a few minutes ago.- After I made my way back over to the hospitality bed I silently lay, staring at the tiled ceiling of gray. 

       "Umm..." A timid voice whispers, and I immediately sit up, my heart beating quickly. A blonde girl with shoulder-length hair wearing what seems like a purple uniform, stands almost directly in front of me, holding a dim candle that looked as if the wax were burning her hand, but I didn't mention it.

       "Who exactly are you?" I query, not in the nicest way. I already had a rough day, and I don't plan on making friends here.. Not before I escape, anyways... 

        Picking up on where she stuttered, she continues softly, "oh- my names Jill.. Sorry." She smiles lightly, then waves shyly. 

        I squint at her, almost glaring. But if anybody in my shoes were to just hear screams, and then out of the blue a random girl pops out into the room?? Hm.. I should keep distance in the future, just in case. 

       Obviously, I couldn't right now in this impossible situation. I wasn't bound to go anywhere until I receive my... crutches? I think that's what she called them. I've never heard of those. 

        I frown at Jill taking a hint that she is probably expecting me to introduce myself. Sighing, I retort, "Mina- My name is Mina." 

       "Well, nice to meet you! I uh.. What are you doing in here? And, how did you get here? I don't think I've seen you here before... Oh my gosh! What happened to your knee? It looks... Gosh, uhm.. Almost like it's broken.-" Her obnoxious questions kept me plenty busy and annoyed, as I was trying to answer in short words for each. 

       "It's not broken. It's just... Shifted? I suppose.. And I was taken in. There. That's all. If you could consider leaving this room, that would be really really great." I yawn derived of energy.