Chapter Three - Brunch

The next morning, the blinding sun that shined through your window woke you up. You covered your face with your blanket, trying to go back to sleep. You had just gotten comfortable when you heard somebody banging on your door.

"Go away!" You yelled, rolling over so your back was to the door. The banging continued, so you grunted and pulled yourself out of your warm bed. You swung open the door, "What? What could be so important that you're banging on my door?" You frowned.

Murdoc stood at your door, and he frowned at you, "I heard you went down to visit 2D yesterday."

You stood there with a blank expression, "Mhm. You said I could."

"Yeah, well I also said I didn't want you and him trying to escape this place! And then you went down there, and tried to convince 'em to escape!"

"Well, no.. That's not the full story. I was just... trying to prove to him that the whale wasn't gonna get him. The poor guy's scared to death downstairs!"

Murdoc rolled his eyes, "Yeah, that's what you think. I can send that whale on both of you if you take as little as one step outside."

You glared at him, "I hope you get eaten by a whale. I don't need this negativity first thing in the morning."

"It's 2 PM!" He yelled. He was definitely upset at the idea of you trying to convince 2D to escape, which was reasonable. He had put all that effort to kidnap you two, and now you wanted to leave. Typical!

You scoffed and shut the door in the green man's face. You had known him for one day and all you two had been doing was fighting.

Yesterday, you decided to try to figure out more about the band, and he got annoyed at you for asking too many questions.

Then you started complaining about being hungry, and when you opened the freezer to make something, you found a bag of eyeballs. When you got freaked out, as any normal person would do, he laughed at you! And when you got mad and started calling him weird, he got mad at you! The two of you argued about why the eyeballs shouldn't be in the freezer with the rest of the food for like, the rest of the day.

You stood there and sat down on the floor in front of the door. Who knew getting kidnapped was so stressful? You were angry at Cyborg Noodle for telling Murdoc about your conversation with 2D. Maybe now that you knew where his room was, you could sneak down there without her. You didn't want to be watched every time you wanted to visit with an actual good person.

You picked at the cuff of your jeans, which you had to sleep in since Murdoc didn't give you any clothes. You had looked in the drawers of the dresser that was against the wall, but there wasn't really anything of use in there. Just some old CDs and a banana.

You got up and decided you were going to make some breakfast. Just for yourself and 2D though, since he seemed to be the only one on that god-forsaken island with any form of human decency.

You pushed open your door and walked out into the kitchen, ignoring Murdoc who was also in the kitchen. He had three eyeballs in his hand, and Cortez- his raven- was perched on the counter.

"Okay, now speak." Murdoc commanded the bird. Cortez just stood there and pecked at the table. "Speak! Cortez, speak!" The raven squawked and stared up at Murdoc, and Murdoc smiles and tossed him an eyeball, "Good job. This is why you're my favorite, you actually listen to me." The last part of the sentence was definitely directed at you, so you turned and glared.

"And that's why I'm not making you breakfast. Asshole..." You frowned.

Murdoc also frowned, "Hey, you better be careful, otherwise I'm gonna lock you down there with 2D and neither of you will be getting breakfast."