|four|

|MICHELIN STAR|

The car ride home was near enough calm. Subtle giggles that sounded from the back seat from Brian and Jackie seemed to become white noise. They were both leant up against the back of Roger's seat, taking up what space was left from the drumkit packed up in the back.

Roger was tapping along to Come Together by the Beatles on his wheel. The radio stations had packed in for now, so the only melody was his own humming along to the thrum of the engine rocking it's way down the streets of London.

Felicity rubbed her eyes alongside a small groan from the fatigue that seemed to shroud her being. It was nearing quarter to 2 in the morning now, and it was getting harder to stay awake.

"Hey you alright?" Roger asked, averting his eyes from the road for a split second. Fliss had finished messing about with her face now, she could only look up at him from her slumped position in his stiff seat.

"Mhm." Felicity responded, attempting to perk up.

"I need you awake to tell me the directions..." Roger paused, she'd looked up to stare at his side profile. Admiring the sharp, curved jawline that flexed each time he spoke. "Fliss... Otherwise you'll be sleeping in the van."

"Oh she won't complain." Jackie piped up from the back of the van.

"Jackie!" Fliss scolded, earning a cheeky smirk from Roger who didn't take his eyes off the road.

Felicity noticed his little smile and couldn't help but let it pass onto her own lips. It was contagious, so sweet and devilish, it was impossible to stay straight faced around him.

The van neared the road to their flat when Felicity ordered Roger to take a sharp right.

The kit in the back shook a little as they reared right, Felicity instructed Roger to keep going to the end of the road. Everything lay silent in the scene of darkness. The few working lamps down their road flickered, only the trusty glow of house lights were at a contsnat glow in the night.

"Just here." Felicity said pointing at their building right near the end of their road.

Roger pulled in front of the building, squeezing into a tight space between two banged up cars. With his van, they made a trio.

"Fliss what time is it?" Jackie asked while Brian pulled back the door to the van.

"Uhm." Fliss mumbled before looking over helplessly at Roger

"It's nearing 2." Roger informed. He un-buckled his belt before swatting open the door and walking around the front of the van.

Felicity reached for the handle, halting when Roger appeared behind the window and opened it for her.

"Thanks." Felicity said as she hopped down from the van. Roger shut the door with a light slam, Fliss could just imagine the neighbours complaining about the noise in the morning. With the amount of hassle they caused both sisters, it was hard not to do something even remotely wrong.

Jackie was muttering something in Brian's ear when Felicity hugged her Afghan closer around her torso.

"You can't go home at this hour." Jackie whispered.

"You're sure?" Brian replied.

They both earned a skepticle look from Felicity who was staring peculiarly at her sister.

"M." Jackie piped up now, she put on her best show girl smile in an attampt to win over the two blondes. "Roger do you want to stay over? Brian is." She finished using the guitarist as leverage.