|seven|

|THE START|

ROGER: I'll always be in debt to Fliss for getting us a spot in that festival, we all are. I think things really took of from there.

FELICITY: It was my first large crowd, theirs too. I don't think they were too nervous. Everything was so chill with the boys.

ROGER: Deaky was sweating, I had a shot before we went on. I'd never been more nervous.

Today, at 4 pm, the band Velvet would be performing a 30 minute set at the One Heart festival in London.

Today, the band Queen would be making their debut into the world of bustling gatherings and crowds of Groupies like they'd never seen before.

Neither groups knew it could get any better than this.

Two nights before, Roger Taylor had given Felicity Anderson a lift home from the bar they'd all been drinking at. She's surprisingly taken well to the drink choice and finished off the night with a lemonade and a soda water before he kindly dropped her home. Along with Deaky of course, although he wasn't much conversation. Passed out in the back like a baby on the drive home.

It was a long Awaited day, the largest event any of the musicians had ever attended let alone performed at. Felicity had her outfit planned for months beforehand, like when a little girl dreams of her wedding layout and what cake she wants. Floss planned out her outfit and what jewellery would go best with the inlays on her bass.

Once again, her rollers were keeping all of her layers strategically in place for the final look. Her chosen attire was already on, waiting three months to wear this exact outfit was too much excitement to hold it off any longer. The wide legged crushed velvet burgundy trousers were the most expensive part. Cut off so you could see the tip of her black flower engraved boots. The bottoms alone cost about a month's worth of spare wage.

She paired it with an old top that was a very special out-out peice of clothing. Fliss had saved it for the right time, nothing seemed more fitting than the present to wear it. This low cow black long sleeved top, that when you moved sparkled in the light. Petite sequins decorated the v neck and went down in a straight line to the bottom.

Felicity felt like Nancy Sinatra in the boots were made for walkin' music video. Her black jumper dress littered as she thrust about the screen. Floss could only wish that's how she'd look on stage.

As Jackie would say, you make your own luck in this world. So Fliss was going to make sure the whole crowd saw her glittery clothes.

The weather was absolutely unpredictable so Felicity had prepared a light shawl to go over her shoulders when they weren't performing. Obviously the Afghan would go on top of everything. She'd no worry for catching a chill on stage, for the adrenaline surging through your veins would be enough to cook an egg on anyones forehead.

It was like being a parent waking up on Christmas morning, everything had to be perfect. So she'd packed the Fender the night before in it's case, all tuned up, no doubt she'd have to re-tune when they got there. Her handbag with a deodorant, a hair brush, her small essential makeup bag and a hip flask of Whiskey.

Malcom was around, no amount of alcohol was enough to deter his foul state from her mind.

Jackie was all dressed up, a little orange dress with tall boots that complimented the dark shades of her hair. Not as much as he little sister, but she was still excited about the gig. Jackie knew how much this meant to Fliss, and not only her sister she was her number one.