Chapter 13

There's a naked man in her bed.

A gorgeous, naked man.

Emma washes the dishes, tends to the horses and does some chores at Anna's and Kristoff's trying to forget there's a naked man in her bed.

Ha! Like she could forget.

Earlier she had pulled Killian's truck into her garage out back and brought in the duffle bag from his front seat with his clothes and things, setting it on the floor at the end of her bed.

By the time she's back inside her house, there's a knock on the door. Panic rises in her gut as she wonders who it could be. Did David find out Killian's missing, assume he came here, and ask Elsa for her address? The man obviously has no boundaries, so she wouldn't put it past him. But when she opens the door, she's surprised to find Camila and Elsa on her porch.

"Uh, hi." Emma throws on a smile and looks over her shoulder to make sure Killian hasn't gotten up from his much-needed sleep. After confirming the coast is clear, she reverts her attention to her cousin and niece.

"Auntie Em!" Camila throws out her arms, and Emma picks her up, giving her a hug.

"What a pleasant surprise!"

Elsa's face clouds over with guilt as she steps inside. "I hope it's okay to stop by like this. David told me what happened with Cassidy, and I wanted to make sure you were okay."

Of course he did.

Emma sets down her niece, refraining from rolling her eyes. "It's perfectly fine. You and Camila are welcome here anytime. And yes, I'm okay, I just took a few days off."

Elsa dons a small smile as she places her hands on Emma's arms. "I feel terrible you had to stay at your house alone."

Emma shakes her head. "It's not your fault, Elsa. Cassidy would've tried to get to me regardless. I'm only glad me staying at your place didn't put you and Camila in danger."

"Auntie Em, may I use the restroom?"

"Yes, you may, Camila," Emma answers with a smile, appreciating how polite her niece is.

"Thank you!" She darts off toward the bathroom.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Emma asks Elsa.

"Sure, some iced tea if you have it."

Emma heads to the kitchen and pours her cousin a glass, bringing it to her.

They sit on the sofa as Elsa sips her tea. "So, does Cassidy have this weird obsession with you or what?"

Emma cringes at the topic, but she supposes she owes Elsa more answers about what's been going on. "Unfortunately, yes. He's been stalking me and breaking into my house." Emma goes into more details, mentioning the roses and the cards he left for her.

"And David hasn't done anything about it?"

"He arrested Neal but had to let him go yesterday."

Concern wrinkles Elsa's forehead. "Oh, Emma, you really shouldn't be alone."

Technically, she's not alone, since she has Killian here, but she can't exactly tell Elsa that.

She can hear Camila bounding down the steps, which is odd because there's a bathroom down here.

"Auntie Em, why is Uncle Killy naked in your bed?"

Emma's cheeks flame as Elsa looks over at her cousin, her jaw dropped. "Killian's here? I didn't know you released him. I have to see this!"