timeline n०= 1.

It was almost dark. The yellow-orange hue of the sun slowly slid down, practically melting to join the other pastel colors of the sky. Mixtures of different voices and laughs filled the air. The underground was far from reaching the surface, but the many existing monsters were happy together; they treat each other fairly, they always make sure the other is okay, and they were never parsimonious. Sans would do his best to make his brother proud, so he would stay on his post and make sure to fill himself with caffeine to push the sleeping desire away. He always admired his brother's non-stop and hyperactive motivation.

   Sans is just an average man, he dislikes the attention to be brought to him, he prefers staying in his bedroom with his coal black cat, Storms, and contemplate its emerald eyes rather than spending time with the underground's monsters. Papyrus is a generous man; always happy to help others. He did apply to become a royal guard and serve more than he already is, but he failed. Nevertheless, Papyrus still helped those whom needed it and Sans couldn't wish for a better brother, a better motivator, a better supporter, a better best friend, a better listener, a better Papyrus.

   The night begun exposing itself. A black to navy blue color blanketed the sky, the stars decorated the cover, and the banana shaped moon took spotlight. Sans took advantage that the people are asleep in their sweet homes and decided to go outside. The soft pitter patter of the rain filled the area. The storm had yet to come. Water could be heard bouncing off the leaves in the vast brush behind the house. It was cold, but Sans liked it. He took his jacket off and proceeded to wrap it around his waists, he then took a deep breath from the cold air and exhaled heavily as smoke followed his breath out. He narrowed his white rhombus shaped iris at the shiny view above him, he smiled in comfort to then start his walk. Sans wasn't fan of moving too much, either. The whole point of this walk is to sit on his favorite bench. Anyhow, the snow crunched under his slippers at each step. He liked those noises. Sans finally arrived at the bench that had no special view other than the glowing blue flowers and barely visible yellow mushrooms. But he was happy in this place anyway. He felt a mass on his laps, as he looked down only to meet with Storms.
"ya followed me, good ol' buddy? pfft, you're cute."
He patted the animal in a slow and soft gesture; his palm slid from its head and all the way to the end of its tail. The cat purred in response and closed its eyes, getting into a loaf position and sleeping peacefully.
"..you're here, too?"
He barely turned his head to the side. He made eye contact with the human that sat anxiously at the edge of the bench.
"ease up, kid. Storms doesn't bite."
* You tell Sans that you like Storms.
"hehe, i know. just teasin' since ya look a bit sweaty."
* You shrug in response.
Sans sighed. He isn't very good at convincing people to talk about their emotions. However, he still tried as he despises having negative auras around him.
"what's eatin' ya?"
* You don't understand.
"oh, uh, what's bothering you?"
* You tell Sans that you prefer to keep it to yourself.
"are you sure? i ain't the one to expose yo secrets and stuff!"
* You simply nod.
Sans relaxed. He raised his left arm to make space for the human.
"come here, lil' creature."
The human approached the monster and leaned on his side. He wrapped the arm that he lifted up earlier around their shoulder, then proceeded to give them his jacket. They wrapped it around themselves and buried their small body next to Sans, under his arm. The skeleton continued to pet his cat.
"everything's fine, Frisk."
* You close your eyes. You're feeling sleepy. You fell asleep.

   Light gently flooded the house, birds were singing the opening of the day's beginning, the room was colder, freezing for that matter, and the—
"SANS, WAKE UP! BIG DAY TODAY!"
Papyrus slammed Sans's bedroom door open. The older brother shot up from the bed, his iris trembled only slightly and his leg was dropped out of the edge.
"what!? what is it!? what big day-!? what's today's date-!?!"
He spoke with a rush, his tone showed nervousness for obvious reasons.
"CALM DOWN, BROTHER! TODAY'S DATE IS APRIL 24th!!!"
"oh. o- oh, OH MY BONES- it's your birthday, Papy!"
Papyrus clenched his fists in excitement and started crouching his legs then standing back properly. He repeated the gesture several times and expressed clear enthusiasm. Sans smiled softly, his brother's autism was never a bother to him.
"hehe, happy birthday, big man. you're 20 now!"
"YEAAAAAH!!"
He definitely couldn't hold his eagerness in.
"YOU'RE ONLY OLDER BY 5 YEARS! I'LL SURPASS YOU SOME DAY!!"
"pfft. that's impossible, dumbass. but sure, be as happy as you want. it makes me happy, too."
Sans got up from the bed and stretched his arms, letting out a yawn of exhaustion. He approached his brother and gladly took his waists between his arms. Papyrus went on his knees to reach Sans's height, then hugged him back very tightly.
"so, what's the plan?"
"QUEEN TORIEL IS PREPARING A SMALL PARTY IN THE KINGDOM TO HONOR MY PRESENCE! HOW EXCITING!!!"
"woah-ow! that's very cool!"
"YEAAH!! ARE YOU—.. Are you coming?"
"...eeeh- well, actually. err.."
An awkward silence fell. Papyrus knows about Sans's struggles with people. He rested his gloved hand on Sans's shoulder.
"I BETTER SEE A CLEAN BEDROOM WHEN I GET BACK HOME!!"
"a— oh! haha, yeah. i promise to clean it while you're gone. make it your best day, buddy!"
"THE GREAT PAPYRUS ALWAYS HAS THE BEST OF DAYS! NOW I HAVE TO LEAVE!! WEAR YOUR JACKET, SANS! DONT FORGET YOUR MIGRAINE PILLS!! I'LL WRITE ON A STICKY NOTE!"
Papyrus hugged his brother again before he sprinted out of the room in jubilation. Sans sighed, he made his way out of the bedroom few minutes after Papyrus did. He walked to the kitchen, and first thing he did was refill Storms's bowl, then started preparing his daily dose of caffeine.