Never Leave

It had been about a week since Lulu Spencer had moved in with the boys at The Penthouse and it was going really well, that is until her boss from hell chose to set her off on this particular day. Kate Howard might be beautiful but, she was a vindictive bitch straight to her very core sent from hell to make sure Maxie Jones not Lulu Spencer ever had a good day.
"I'm quitting." Lulu sighed brushing a hasty hand through her blonde hair as she swivels in her desk  chair so that she was facing her co-worker and best friend, Maxie.
"Where have you been staying, by the way? I was surprised when you didn't come back to the apartment. You know, we bought that place together." Maxie sighed, knowing Lulu was .10 seconds from changing career paths.
"I moved in with Ethan and Johnny. I know but, you and Matt are engaged now. You don't want me around constantly and I get that. It's time for me to start a new chapter in my life, this is temporary. Until I can save up enough money. It's nothing against you or Matt I promise." Lulu sighed, knowing this conversation has to be had.
"I appreciate you're honesty but, just know that you're my best friend and you come before Matt even if he is the sexiest thing since sliced bread. How's that going? I'm sure Johnny would give you the money if you asked, you know that man would do anything for you." Maxie quirked one blonde brow in surprise about hearing where she'd been staying but, she wasn't completely shocked.
"I know but, I need to focus on fixing my life right know. Johnny would but, I don't want anyone's help and he knows that. Staying with Johnny and Ethan has made me feel better, Dante really held me down and made me weak. I'm meant for more than this. Even if I still have feelings for Johnny, I need to focus on making my life better before I can even think of getting into another relationship." Lulu had been thinking about this subject, knowing sooner or later she'd have to talk to Johnny.
"You can do it but, I've always been partial to you and Johnny. Johnny always brought out the best in you but, I'm not trying to be pushy. I'm glad that you're trying to better yourself. I guess we're finally growing up. Huh?" Maxie slightly smiled, a slight bitter tone to it.
"I know, that's why this is hard for me. I guess we are. Who would have thought?"Lulu chuckled in agreement, before their boss breezed into the main room talking to someone.
"Look who I ran into! When you escorted Maxie to The Crimson Event in 2009 it was a huge success! Please say you'll consider doing it again." Kate beamed at none other than Johnny Zacchara.
"On the condition that it's Lulu Spencer on that red carpet, count me in. I'm not shaming Maxie in the least but, you've clearly played favorites since Lulu started working here. Lulu is every bit as beautiful as Maxie is, and deserves a chance to shine. Lulu isn't just good at behind the scenes stuff, she's social. Have you ever seen her at Jakes on Karaoke night?" Johnny approached the subject with a polite smile.
"I'm not offended in the least, I agree with Johnny. I could use a break I'm engaged to be married, sometimes it would be nice to just sit at home and have a glass of wine with Matt instead of getting glammed up and promoting Crimson. I know how I sound right now but, it's the truth. I've changed." Maxie threw her old friend a smirky smile, mouthing "thank you" to him.
"I'm sure that Lulu is too busy." Came Kate's reply.
"Yeah that's okay, because I quit. I would rather deal with crappy tips and customers than someone who clearly doesn't see I'm a catch. I guess Dante got it honestly, nobody with the last name Falconeri is worth a damn. Carly might have helped me get this job but, I've held it down. Do you know how many nights I've spent here handling things because you claim I have no life? I'm not doing this anymore. Eat you're heart out, bitch. I'm sorry to leave you here with this witch Maxie but, I can't. I'll go to fucking jail." Lulu stood from her seat about having enough of being walked over by her boss, she was done feeling unappreciated.
"What?" Kate stutters, for once not being able to think of something to say.
"You heard me." Was all she said, hands on her hips.
"Lulu's right, nobody can work like this. I quit too! Good luck running this place without us." Maxie smirked, grabbing her purse off her desk.
"Come on you two, let's go celebrate!"