|•II•|

⇥The Flower.

The Mirror.⇤

◤⊰⁎⁘⁎⊱◢

»» Time Skip to The Power Of Kings

"Wanna tell me what I'm here for?" an aggravated Noctis asked the Marshal. There, the men stood, in an old tomb made of stone. A large statue of a man was laid down on a stone slab.

"The power of kings, passed from the old to the new through the bonding of souls, " Cor the Immortal started as he raised his hand over the statue. "One such soul lies before you. To claim your forbearer's power is your birthright and duty as king." 

"My duty as King of what?"

"Now is not the time to question your calling," the older man lectured and the prince scoffed. "A king is sworn to protect his people."

"And yet he chose to protect only one prince," Noctis retorted. "Was that his calling? Forsake the masses to protect his own son?"

"How long will you remain the protected?" Cor asked him with narrowed eyes. "The king entrusted the role of Protector to you."

"Entrusted it to me?" Noctis met his glare. "Then why didn't he tell me that? Why did he just stand there smiling as I left!? Why..." He leaned against the stand for support, the realization of it all hitting him like a tidal wave and leaving him dizzy. "Why did he lie to me?"

"That day, he didn't want you to remember him as the king," Cor replied, a sliver of sympathy seeping through his usual cold tone. "In what time he had left, he wanted to be your father. He always had faith in you, and when the time came, you would ascend for the sake of your people."

"Guess he left me no choice," the prince sighed. Taking a deep breath, he stood tall and held out his hand. Then, with a bright iridescent light, the sword resting on the statue rose high and stabbed him in the chest. 

"The power of the Kings goes with you, Your Majesty," Cor said once the ritual was done. "That is not the only gift your forbearers left you," he explained. "Another tomb lies close by, I suggest you go there next. There are tombs scattered across the land, all on dangerous ground." 

"Sounds like quite the adventure," Prompto said, trying to lighten the mood as they all filed out of the tomb. "So just how many Royal Tombs are out there, exactly?"

"There are thirteen Royal Tombs, though we know the location of only a few," he explained. "I've enlisted the help of the hunters, they comb the land in search of the lost tombs."

The Marshal then further told them of the location of the next Tomb, and wished them well on their journey.

"Before you go on," Cor stopped them. "There's one more member of your party I believe will be joining you today. They will help you with the next Royal Tomb and to find the others. Not only will they aid you in battle, but get the measure on your strength as well and help you improve."

The fell kept quiet, willing him to go on. The Marshal turned around, then called in a tone of gentleness that no one thought was possible for him to speak in, "Ava, you can come out now." Nothing happened. He sighed and said a little firmer, "We've been over this, quit being difficult and show up already." 

Just then, in the blink of an eye, a figure rushed passed all of them and collided with Cor, wrapping him in a tight hug. "Father! Don't make me, don't make me, don't make me!!" a hooded figure whined to him quietly as though to not attract attention.

Cor the Immortal gave off the faintest of smiles and patted them on the head, "Now's not the time to argue. The decision's been made so don't be so reluctant to follow instruction. Go on and introduce yourself."