003

"I would make you stay."

Mike arrived back at his house twenty five minutes later. It felt like it taken him no time to get there and five years to get home.

"Michael, is that you?" Karen called.

Mike didn't reply and closed the front door.

"Michael!"

Mike shuffled into the kitchen and stood before his mother.

"Where did you go in the pouring rain and the cold?" Karen asked.

Mike just shrugged.

Karen sighed. "You're wet and probably cold, go dry off and take a warm shower."

Mike just nodded, but didn't go in the shower. He went back downstairs to the basement and shivered. He felt like someone was following him, but he was also quite cold.

He got down to the basement and spotted the table where him, Will, Lucas, and Dustin used to play DnD.

Mike shuffled over and sat down in his usual spot. The last time he sat there was on that one night 1983

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here." Mike said in an ominous tone.

"What is it?" An apprehensive Will asked.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin asked, worriedly. "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon."

"It's not the Demogorgon." Lucas replied in an annoyed tone.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike exclaimed and slammed the piece down.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin raised his eyebrows.

"Told ya." Lucas taunted.

Dustin and Lucas chuckled, then Dustin snorted while Will was smirking.

Mike noticed his little smirk and smiled to himself, but got serious again when he remembered they were still playing.

"Wait a minute. Do you hear that?" Mike whispered.

Will sat up and leaned in.

"That...that sound? Boom...boom...Boom!" Mike exclaimed and slammed on the table, causing the other boys to jump. "That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that...That came from something else."

Mike slammed another piece on the table.

"The Demogorgon!" Mike shouted.

All of the other boys groaned and made angry noises.

"We're in deep shit." Dustin said.

Mike turned to Will. "Will, your action!"

"I don't know." Will panicked.