Arrival

He was bored. Boredom was his oldest enemy and since his retirement it has come back to haunt him. He was now finishing his training session, contemplating life. "Hmm, what could I do now? Any dimensions open?" He looked lazily around. "Nope, still tight. Hmm, maybe I should do what those beings do and watch a movie or something?"
He was not in the mood for horror (as much as he liked it), but hated comedies (who finds Mr. Bean enjoyable?) so decided to settle for in-between — animated movie, preferably adventure one. So, he searched for the best animated movies. One of the first was a movie called "The Lost Legend."
Then, a sudden idea came to his head: Wait a minute! What if I can get the characters... to watch their own movie?! Ah, that would be perfect! And give me some much-needed fun. But first, I need to make sure I have no things to do. He opened his calendar and looked at the next week. The only thing written there was "Contemplate Life."
"Three." The screen started to light up. "Two." A silver black horse stood regally next to the ringmaster. "One." At the same time, the ringmaster had placed his hand on a dark gray button and the room had lit up in a blinding white light.
As soon as the light had disappeared, he heard moaning and complaints coming from the crowd of people below. But he smirked to see where he had placed the Soul Riders at.
Collective complaints rang through the room as it was suddenly filled with people. Everyone was disoriented and confused, but confusion quickly faded into anger the moment they saw the ringmaster. The room they were in looked like a cinema. Actually it was one, a circular one. The rest of the room was huge and had only four doors. Two at the back of the room, one on the right and the other on the left. The floor was covered in couches, soft carpets, bean bags, and cushions. The room was lit by lamps and what look like stars on the wall. Two overhead lights on the ceiling was the only other source of light in the room.
"Bang!" was soon heard in the theater and quickly followed by a loud, "Ow!" Everyone spun to see a hidden girl riding a black Shire horse who had an unexpected meeting with the screen by accident. The girl took in her surroundings and seemed both annoyed and defiant when she caught sight of the situation. "Hey! What's the meaning of this?"
Everyone reached for a weapon, but their hearts skipped a beat when they realized that they were unarmed. As much as Ydris would love to watch them stare at each other with no clue what to do she would like to get onto watching the show.
"Well, this is a lovely reunion," commented Ydris.  "I will only be so patient with you. You are in the space between worlds. My name is Ydris and I come bearing an olive branch. You have been brought here to view the soon future." With a great flourish, he turned on the screen. "Now, let the show begin!"