The Chase

"Xandarians. What a bunch of losers. All of them in a big hurry to get from something stupid, to nothing at all. Pathetic" your brother Rocket said, while looking at the people of Xander walking around. "Yeah, tell me about it" you said in agreement. "I mean look at this guy. Can you believe they call us criminals when he's assaulting us with that haircut?" You asked. Rocket chuckles. "What is this thing? Look how it thinks it's so cool. It's not cool to get help. Walk by yourself you little gargoyle!" Rocket said, referring to the little boy who was walking with his father. "Look at Mr. Smiles over here. Where's your wife old man? What a Class A Pervert!" You said, watching an old man talk to a young looking woman. Rocket laughed. "Yeah, no kidding. Is she right or what Groot?" Rocket asked, as both of you turned to your tree friend, who was drinking water from the water fountain. "Don't drink fountain water you idiot, that's disgusting" you said. Groot shook his head in denial. "Yes you did, we just saw you doing it. Why are you lying?" Rocket asked. You perk up as your device starts beeping. "Whoop, looks like we got one" you said. "Okay humie, how bad does someone wanna find you?" You asked. "40,000 units? Groot, we're going to be rich!" Rocket said, looking over at the tree. Only to find the tree drinking the water from the fountain again. You and Rocket both sighed.

*******************************************

You run after Rocket as he dashes towards Peter. Gamora is on top of Peter, looking over him. "This wasn't the plan" you hear Gamora say before you see her pull out a knife. Peter's eyes widen and then you throw yourself into the air and tackle Gamora off of Peter. "Put him in the bag! Put him in the bag!" You yell. Groot wraps his roots around Gamora and pulls her forward. "No! Not her, him! Learn genders man!" Rocket shouts at Groot. Gamora screamed as she struggled to break free from Groot's roots. Gamora then opens her mouth and bites your paws. "Biting? That's not fair!" You said. Gamora screams and grabs both you and Rocket, throwing the both of you off of her, and breaking free from Groot. Gamora then picks up her knife that she dropped, and throws it at Peter, causing him to yelp and drop the orb. Gamora then extends her knife and cuts off one of Groot's arms with it before running off after the orb. Gamora runs over to the orb, and grabs it, before running off with it. Peter jumps from the roof and onto Gamora. The two wrestle each other until Gamora is on top of Peter. "Fool. You should have learned" Gamora said. "I don't learn. One of my issues" Peter said before grabbing the orb from Gamora's hand and clipping a device on her and sending her flying. Gamora flew into the air and into the pool.

Groot then snuck up behind Peter and stuffed him into the bag and put the bag over his shoulder. "What the?!" Peter asked as he was tossed into the bag. "Quit smiling you idiot. You're supposed to be a professional" Rocket said. You gasped as you saw Gamora walking towards Groot. "You gotta be kidding me" you said. Gamora shoved Rocket to the ground as she made her way toward Groot. "Hey!" Rocket said. Gamora grabbed her knife and attacked Groot with it, chopping off his arms in the process and hitting him in the stomach. Gamora then reached over to the bag Peter was in and opened it. Peter shot her down with a laser gun and she fell to the ground. Peter got out from the bag and made a run for it. You grabbed a giant blaster and aimed it at Peter. "I live for the simple things. Like How much this is gonna hurt" you said. You then aimed the blaster at Peter and shot him. Peter screamed in pain and fell to the ground.

Rocket chuckled. "Yeah. Writhe, little man" he said as he watched Peter. Groot whimpered at the loss of his arms. You looked at him in disbelief. "It'll grow back you d'ast idiot. Quit whining" you said. You, Rocket and Groot were then suddenly lifted up into the air. "Subjects 89p13 and 85p15, drop your weapons" a Nova Corp said. You and Rocket dropped your blasters. "Aw crap" Rocket said. "By the authority of The Nova Corps you are under arrest" a Nova Corp said. "All right. Come on up" two other Nova Corps said as they lifted up Peter from the ground. The one on the right smiled. "Hey! If it isn't Star-Prince!" He said. Peter frowned. "Star-Lord" he said as he corrected him. "Oh. Sorry. Lord" he said. The one on the right continued. "I picked this guy up a while back for petty theft. He's got a code name!" He said sounding impressed. The Nova Corp on the left scoffed. "Come on man. It's a... its an outlaw name" he said. The Nova Corp on the right patted him on the back. "Relax, pal" he said. "It's cool to have a code name. It's not that weird" "Fascists" you mumbled. Gamora was also lifted into the air.