Rescue

"You betray me? Steal my money?" Yundo asked as he shoved Peter against the wall. "Stop it! Leave him alone!" Gamora shouted. "When I picked you up as a kid, these boys wanted to eat you. They ain't never tasted Terran before. I saved your life!" Yundo said. Peter glared at him. "Will you shut up about that? God! Twenty years, you've been throwing that in my face, like it's some great thing, not eating me. Normal people don't even think about eating someone else! Much less that person having to be grateful for it! You abducted me, man. You stole me from my home and from my family" Peter said. "You don't give a damn about your Terra! You're scared. because you're soft in here. Here, right here!" Yundo said as he put his hands over his heart. "Yondu! Listen to me. Ronan has something called an Infinity Stone" Gamora said. I know what he's got, girl" Yundo said. "Then you know we must get it back! He's gonna use it to wipe out Xandar. We have to warn them. Billions of people will perish" Gamora said. "Is that what she's been filling your head with, boy? Sentiment?" Yundo asked.

"Eating away your brain like maggots!" He shouted. "Stop it!" You shouted. Yundo turned around, and looked at you. "What're you supposed to be?" He asked. You glared at him. "Isn't it obvious? She's a raccoon you idiot" one of the Ravengers said. "I'm not a raccoon!" You hissed. "Then what are ya?" Yundo asked. "None of your business" you said. Yundo chuckled. "Y/N..." Peter said quietly. "It's none of my business, huh rat?" He asked. "Stop it! Don't do anything to her!" Peter begged. That's when Yundo grabbed you and picked you up. "Let go!" You shouted. You bit him. Yundo screamed and dropped you. You yelped as you fell to the ground. "Why you little..." Yundo said. Yundo then stepped on your stomach with one of his feet. "No!" Gamora said. You started gasping for air, trying to escape. "Think about next time you try biting me, you filthy rodent" he said. Then he released his foot. You gasped for air. Yundo then whistled and a flying arrows zoomed towards you.

You gasped, the arrow stopping inches away. "No!" Peter shouted. "Time to say goodbye, rodent" Yundo smirked. "Stop it! Leave her alone! It's me you want!" Peter said. Yundo glared at him. "Damn straight it's you I want, boy" he said. Then he whistled again, and the arrow moved away from you and over to Peter. You gasped. "If you kill me now, you are saying goodbye to the biggest score you have ever seen" Peter said. "The Stone? I hope you got something better than that. Because ain't nobody stealing from Ronan" Yundo said. "We got a ringer" Peter said. "Is that right?" Yundo asked. "She knows everything there is to know about Ronan. His ships, his army" Peter said. "He's vulnerable" Gamora said. "Hey, what do you say, Yondu? Me and you, taking down a mark side-by-side, like the old days" Peter asked. Yundo looked at him for a moment, then whistled again, dropping the arrow. You sighed with relief. Yundo began laughing. "Let him go! You always did have a scrote, boy! That's why I kept you on as a young'un" Yundo said as he hugged Peter.

You watched in disbelief. Suddenly gun shots began shooting at the ship. You gasped when you realized what this meant. All of you ran to the front of the ship. "Captain, the shot was non-damaging" a Ravenger said. "Attention, idiots. The lunatic on top of this craft is holding a Hadron Enforcer. It's a weapon of my own design" Rocket said. "What the hell?" Yundo asked. "If you don't hand over my sister and her companions now, he's gonna tear your ship a new one. A very big new one!" Rocket threatened. You smirked. "You better listen to him" you said. "I ain't buyin' it" Yundo said. "I'm giving you to the count of five. 5, 4, 3..." Rocket began. "No! Wait, hold on! Rocket, it's me, for God sakes! We figured it out! We're fine!" Peter shouted. "Hey, Quill. What's going on?" Rocket asked.

*******************************************

"You call that "figured it out"? We're gonna rob the guys who just beat us senseless?" Rocket asked. "Oh you want to talk about senseless? How about trying to save your sister by blowing us up?" Peter asked. "We were only gonna blow you up if they didn't turn you over!" Rocket protested. "And how on earth were they gonna turn her or any of us over when you only gave them a count of five?" Peter asked. "We didn't have time to work out the minutiae of the plan. This is what we get for acting altruistically" Rocket said. "Don't worry about it Rocket, they're just ungrateful" you said. "They are ungrateful" Rocket said in agreement. "What's important now is we get the Ravagers' army to help us save Xandar" Gamora said. "So we can give the Stone to Yondu who's just gonna sell to somebody even worse?" You questioned. "We'll figure that part out later" Peter said. "That's reassuring" you said sarcastically. "We have to stop Ronan" Gamora said. "How?" Rocket asked. It was silent for a moment, until Peter spoke. "I have a plan" he said. You glared at him. "You've got a plan?" You asked doubtfully. "Yes" Peter said. "First of all, you're copying me

from when I said I had a plan" Rocket said. You nodded in agreement. "No, I'm not. People say that all the time. It's not that unique of a thing to say" Peter said. "Secondly, I don't even believe you have a plan" Rocket said. "I have part of a plan!" Peter said. "What percentage of a plan do you have?" Drax asked. "You don't get to ask questions after the nonsense you pulled on Knowhere" Gamora said. "I just saved Quill" Drax said. "We've already established that you destroying the ship that I'm on is not saving me" Peter said. "When did we establish it?" Drax asked. "Like three seconds ago!" Peter said. "I wasn't listening. I was thinking of something else" Drax said. You sighed and rolled your eyes. "She's right. You don't get an opinion. What percentage?" Rocket asked. "I don't know. Twelve percent" Peter said. "Twelve percent?" Rocket asked, before bursting into laughter. "That's a fake laugh" Peter said. "It's real!" Rocket said. "Totally fake" Peter said. "That is the most real, authentic, hysterical laugh of my entire life because that is not a plan" Rocket said. "It's barely a concept" Gamora said. "You're taking their side?" Peter asked. "I am Groot" Groot said. You scoffed. "So what, it's better than 11%? What the hell does that have to do with anything?" You asked. "Thank you, Groot. Thank you" Peter said as he patted him on the back. "See? Groot's the only one of you who has a clue" Peter said. Groot took a twig off his arm and ate it. The room fell silent. "Guys, Come on. Yondu is gonna be here in two seconds. He expects to hear this big plan of ours. I need your help" Peter said.

"I look around at us. You know what I see? Losers" Peter said. "Wow, way to go Quill. real inspirational" you said. Rocket chuckled. "No, I mean, like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have. Man, we have. All of us. Our homes, our families, normal lives. And, usually, life takes more than it gives. But not today. Today, it's given us something. It has given us a chance" Peter said. "To do what?" Drax asked. "To give a shit. For once. Not run away. I, for one, am not gonna stand by and watch as Ronan wipes out billions of innocent lives" Peter said. You sighed. "But, Quill, stopping Ronan, it's impossible. You're asking us to die" Rocket said. You stiffened, Rocket was right. Peter fell quiet. "Yeah, I guess I am" he said. Then he turned away. You were all silent for a moment. "Quill" Gamora said. Peter looked at her. "I have lived most my life surrounded by my enemies" she said. Then she stood up. "I will be grateful to die among my friends" she said. Drax stood up.

"You are an honorable man, Quill. I will fight beside you. And in the end, I will see my wife and daughter again" he said. You sighed and rolled your eyes. "Well, seeing as it would be an excellent excuse to explode crap and not get in trouble for it, I'm in" you said, standing up. Rocket looked at you in disbelief. "I am Groot" Groot said, standing up as well. You looked at Rocket. Rocket sighed. "What the hell. I don't got that long a lifespan, anyway" he said, then got on two of his paws. "Now I'm standing. Y'all happy? We're all standing up now. Bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle" Rocket said.