04. Cohabitation

“A what?” Lani exclaimed as soon as I told her. “What the hell is that even supposed to mean?”

“It’s just an agreement. He took up the challenge to make me fall for him.” I groaned as I placed the travelling bag on my bed and zipped it open. “It’s just like you said, I need inspiration to write.”

“I told you to date someone, not to get into some stupid agreement with a man you met for the very first time.”

“You know I can’t date. Do you want me to go through another state of depression?”

She sighed, “But still, I’m not happy with your plan. It isn’t going to work.”

“I don’t need it to work, Lani.” I placed some of my folded tops into the bag. “To make someone fall for you, you have to be in love with them. Or at least, in this case, pretend to love them. He is just going to do a bunch of romantic things that’ll give me inspiration to write.”

“And how do you know that these things will give you inspiration.”

I slumped on the bed, “I don’t know. It’s just that when I woke up this morning, I felt different, like how I used to feel every morning as a writer. I felt ideas swarming in my head.”

“And you’re sure that it isn’t the alcohol.”
“It isn’t the alcohol, Lani. I’m sure.”

“Okay, “she sighed. “I f you say so. I’m just trying to make sure that you won’t get hurt in the process.”

“I won’t. It’s a good plan. Once I’m done with the book, our agreement is over and we won’t meet ever again.”

“But what if he wants more. What if he falls for you.?”

I sighed. I really hope he didn’t. “He won’t. I’m not his type.”

“Then why is he doing it. What will he gain from helping you?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “He said he liked the challenge.”

“That’s all?”

I nodded, and zipped the bag closed before placing it in a standing position on the floor.

“I don’t trust him,” Lani said as I joined her on the bed. She played with my hair. “I want to meet him.”

“You can. He’s coming over today.”

“Why?” she raised a brow.

“To pick me up. We are in a cohabitation.”

“What? You’re going to be living together.”
I meekly nodded.

“No! I don’t agree to this.”

“It’s not permanent, Lani. Just for some time.”

“No, not until I meet him.”

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .      .     .    .     .    .      . 

“This?” Lani asked.

I nodded. “This is him? Seriously?”

I nodded. She suddenly burst out laughing. “Are you serious? Come on, where’s the real guy?”

“This is him, Lani. And his name is Austin.”

“Austin?” she made a face.

Austin held out his hand for a handshake. Lani examined his hand before lightly placing her hand in his and drawing it back almost immediately.

Austin brought out a bouquet of fresh flower from his back, removed one and handed it to Lani, who cautiously collected it. He then handed me the rest of the flowers.

“I don’t like daisies.”

“Really Lani, I thought those were your favourite flowers.”

She glared at me while Austin smirked, “Well, I don’t like them anymore.”

I laughed, and went to the room to get my things. I could hear Lani interrogating him all the way from here.

“I don’t like you.” She blurted out. “But Kyra is determined to go on with this ridiculous relationship even though I am a hundred percent against it. So I have no other choice but to like you.”

I came back out, struggling to carry my bag. I saw Austin smile at her.

“You better don’t hurt her Austin.”

“I won’t.”
“And don’t fall in love with her.”
He chuckled and came towards me to help with my bag. “Is that really important?”

“It is!” we both chorused.

“Fine, fine. I won’t fall for her. I already promised her that. And like I said before, she isn’t my type.”

“Then who’s your type?” Lani carelessly asking, still smelling the daisy flower that Austin had given her.

“You are! “Austin brazenly admitted.

“I’m right here, you know.”

He smiled. “But I’m not allowed to like you.”

“That doesn’t mean you’re allowed to like someone else.” Lani said, using the daisy to hit his head before tossing it.

“Don’t hurt her. I’m warning you.”

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .      .     .    .     .    .      . 

Word count: 735

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. I'm not exactly feeling too well. I almost wasn't even going to post, but after I saw the amazing comments on this book so far, I was so determined to maintain a regular update schedule.

I hope you guys like this chapter. Don't forget to vote if you do and rate this chapter over 10.

Also, has anyone watched the season 2 of Alchemy of Souls? I haven't watched it yet because my sister has exams and we made a promise to watch it together. I hope it's good though. Let me know if you guys are also interested in Korean dramas.

Lots of love,
Adeola.