22. Whatever our souls are made of...

AUSTIN’S POV

The first time my heart skipped a beat for Kyra was when I took her out to karaoke. At that moment, everything about her intrigued me. She opened up to me, told me everything about her. No one has ever been that honest with me. No one has never trusted me like that before.

If only I had met Kyra sooner, I wouldn’t have had such a bad history with girls, I wouldn’t have had to lie about myself.

There was a lot of things I wanted to tell her. Things about me. Things I know only she would be interested in .

No one has ever looked at me the way she does, no one has ever smiled at me the way she does, no one has ever cared about me the way she does. Why did I leave her?

We could have truly eloped at that moment; why did I have to turn my back at her?

Either way, I already promised to get her back, so that’s exactly what I’m going to do. With that, I increased the speed and watched as I passed the tall buildings of the city.

KYRA’S POV

In thirty minutes, my flight would be called and I would have to board the plane. After that, there would be no turning back. Which means I have only thirty minutes to change my mind.

Only thirty minutes to decide whether I would stay or not. Would thirty minutes be able to convince my broken heart?

I started to remember every single moment I spent with Austin. From the first time I met him when I noticed how much he and Harry Potter have in common, to when I woke up in his house and we agreed to the relationship, which was one of the greatest decisions I have ever made.

I remembered the time he took me on a date that I was overdressed for, and when we decided to plan all the dates we were going to go on.

Loving Austin was like an adventure. We went karaoke, to see a garden, something I have never thought of doing before. We played weird games, got drunk together, cooked together and I opened up to him.

I remembered what he looked like. His green eyes that shimmered like a rare gem anytime he was happy, his black hair that I enjoyed running my hands through whenever we were making out, his dimple under his eyes that I secretly loved to admire. His big hands and broad shoulders that provided me warmth. His soft lips that never missed a chance to let me go.

Tears began to fall uncontrollably from my eyes. I checked the time and I only had fifteen minutes left. I remembered his weird habit of sitting on the floor while watching television, and how he loved chocolate.

They would have been married by now. He would have kissed her and slipped a ring into her finger, making her his.

“That’s not true.” I whispered to myself. He belongs to me, and I belong to him. He’s mine and I love him because… he’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.

I sighed. I couldn’t let him go. I love him, I should at least tell him that before leaving. He should know how I truly feel about him.

I picked up my phone, about to call him, when I heard my flight being called. I quickly dialled his number and the moment he picked up, I said,
“You can’t marry Daphne. I won’t let you. You are mine, remember? Whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are the same. I love you, Austin.”

“Kyra… turn around.”

I slowly turned to see Austin with his phone on his ear, still in his wedding suit. He took long strides towards me and pulled me in for a kiss.

When we pulled away, he hugged me and whispered, “I love you too Kyra.”

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .      .     .    .     .    .      .  .     .     .     .    
Word count: 681
And that's the end of Fake Not-Fake Relationship. I hope you guys enjoyed this book, because I definitely enjoyed writing it.

Thank you for reading and let me know what you think in the comments, if this book met you expectations or not.

Also, there'll be an epilogue after this, so watch out for that.

Lots of Love,
Adeola.