Ambush

Lian's POV

"What's going on here?" Shang demands approaching them.

"General Shang" Chien-Po says dropping everyone. As Honghui appears on horse back.

"Captain Honghui" Ling says. The three go line up in front of Honghui as Shang joined him. I stand with Mulan and my sisters.

"Don't worry, I'll handle this" Mulan assures us and runs over to the men.

"I'm so sorry to break up your little party" Honghui states looking mad.

"Honghui, Shang before you jump to conclusions, let me explain" Mulan says.

"Fine. Why don't we start with this?" Honghui demands pulling out a scroll. Handing it to Shang to read.

"That's mine" Mei states.

"All yours?" Shang asks her as he handed the scroll back to Honghui after reading it.

"Or did you have help?" Honghui asks. "And so, my dear father, I cannot complete this mission. I have come to realise that my duty is to my heart" he reads out loud. "Who does that sound like?" he asks giving Mulan a pointed look.

"Mei never meant to send it" Su states.

"Your Highnesses, you swore a vow to be married in Qui Gong" Shang reminds them. Staying calm, but I knew he was upset about this like Honghui. "If your father saw you now, breaking that vow, what would he say?" he asks them. They all bow their heads.

"Shang, you can't help who you fall in love with" I tell him.

"Please, stay out of this Lian" he tells me. I glare a him silently. How dare he order me around. I'm the future Empress of all China. "You three are to escort their highnesses back to their tents immediately" he orders the other three.

"You are to guard them. You are not to enter their tents or speak to them. Not a word. Ever. Am I understood?" Honghui asks them.

"Yes sirs" they say in defeat. They escort my sisters and I back to the camp site. Shang follows leaving Honghui and Mulan to talk. I ignored Shang and entered the tent with my sisters. Where I comforted them all silently. Before we all huddled together to sleep.

(Time skip)

My sisters ride on a bull while Honghui and Shang lead the way. The other three in the middle. While Mulan and I pulled up the rear on our horses. "I take it, things aren't good with you and Honghui at the moment?" I ask her quietly.

"We had a massive fight after you guys returned to camp" she admits.

"I'm sure you guys will figure it out" I state.

"What about you and Shang?" she asks me curious.

"Keep a secret?" I ask her and she nods her head. "We eloped last night, but after what happened with my sisters. I've been ignoring him" I state.

"I'm sure you both will figure it out, I've never seen two people more perfect for each other then you two" she tells me.

"I have" I state looking at her then Honghui. She smiles sadly. We reach a divide in the canyon and go the separate side to the men as Mushu spoke to Mulan.

"We're so sorry for what we've done Lian, Fa Mulan" Ting Ting tells us.

"You both inspired us to follow our hearts, and we repay you both by ruining your relationships" Mei adds.

"No, you just opened my eyes to how broken it was. I'm indebted to you" Mulan tells them.

"Shang and I will figure things out" I assure my sisters.

"Keep a sharp eye. This is bandit country" Honghui states as we rejoin the men. I have Ebony go walk with Shang's horse.

"How long will we continue not speaking to each other?" Shang asks me.

"I love you Shang, I just hate what my sisters are going through" I tell him.

"I'm sorry that they have to do this, but it's what's best for China" he tells me. I remain silent. He sighs and looks a head. As Mulan had Khan gallop over to Honghui excited about something. As an arrow suddenly shots in front of us and lands in the rocky wall beside us. Out horses rear.

"It's an ambush!" Mulan and Honghui shout.

"Bandits!" Yao shouts.

"Close ranks, save the princesses!" Shang orders. The men get them off of the bull and start to lead them to higher ground. While I dismount Ebony and slap her hind quarters, making her follow them. As I start to fight the bandits with Shang, Honghui and Mulan. "You should go with them Lian" Shang tells me.

"Not a chance" I tell him as I block a sword.

"Honghui, I got your back" Mulan states.

"Help!" I hear Mei shouts.

"My sisters!" I shout. I take off running towards the screams. Seeing two bandits restraining Yao as another attempts to take Mei's bracelet. "Don't touch my sister!" I yell and punch one of the men holding her. Ling and Chein jump down to help Yao. As Ting Ting and Su throw rocks at the bandits from above.

"Help me!" Mei shouts as she is carried away.

"Mei!" Yao and I shout. He goes after her as I'm punched in the face. I land on the ground hard.

"Lian!" Shang shouts and helps me up.

"We have to save Mei" I tell him and we take off after Mulan, Honghui and Yao. Leaving Chien-po and Ling to protect my other sisters. We arrive at the bridge to see Honghui save Mei. He starts to fight the bandit while Mulan told Mei to run. She ran into Yao's arms.

The others cheered as they joined us. The bandits make a run for it, leaving Honghui and Mulan on the bridge. The bandits cut two of the ropes to the bridge. Making Mulan and Honghui fall. Mulan grabbed the rope and Honghui. As the Bandits ran.

"Mulan, Honghui hold on!" Shang shouts. As the rope starts to break.

"Honghui, hold on!" Mulan shouts.

"It won't hold us both" Honghui tells her.

"Someone get them a rope" I tell the men. They run over to the horses looking for rope. But they were to late. Honghui made Mulan let him go, to save her. We got her back to the cliff safely. She stabbed Honghui's sword into the ground crying. "Mulan, I'm so sorry" I tell her.

"General Shang, we're ready to go through with the wedding" Ting Ting states.

"No. Your orders are to take care of each other" Mulan tells them before Shang can say anything.

"Mulan?" I say confused.

"Losing Honghui will not be meaningless. No matter what it takes, I'm finishing this mission" Mulan states. She mounts her horse and left us. I wonder what she meant by 'I'm finishing this mission'?

A/N

Picture above of the guys getting the princesses to safety.